Author Topic: What strange thing is your dog scared of?  (Read 5409 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
What strange thing is your dog scared of?
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »
Gari is scared of measuring tapes! :005: I got a mini one in a cracker 2 years ago not long after he had come to live here, it was the metal retracting type, so I decided to measure him with it and he ran away. Each time I tried he would run off and hide, it was very strange. :o

I found it today when clearing some drawers out and thought I'd try measuring him again, thinking that 2 years on he would be more relaxed, but no - off he went again! Bizarre dog! :o
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Tess72

Re: What strange thing is your dog scared of?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
The oly thing we ve found that florence is scared of is Swans!! We were walking past them down the seafront recently and one hissed at Florence, she put her tail between her legs and tried to hide behind me as we walked past and kept looking behind to see where they were!! We havent been passed them since  :005:
Tess n Florence xx

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 07:08:39 PM »
Gari is scared of measuring tapes! :005: I got a mini one in a cracker 2 years ago not long after he had come to live here, it was the metal retracting type, so I decided to measure him with it and he ran away. Each time I tried he would run off and hide, it was very strange. :o

I found it today when clearing some drawers out and thought I'd try measuring him again, thinking that 2 years on he would be more relaxed, but no - off he went again! Bizarre dog! :o

:005: :005: Alfie loves tape measures, he runs off dragging it out at length then lets go  :lol2: He gets very excited when he sees one.

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »
Ellie is scared of my daughters little colapsible scooter; vacuum cleaners, hairdryers and anything making a noise  :luv:

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »
the metal tapes, hoover, hair dryer and baths
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
Jarvis and i met a teenage girl walking her bunny on a lead a few weeks ago. Jarvis had a tentative sniff then dropped down to his belly and backed away to hide! :lol2: :005: So i 'spose he's scared of bunnies! :luv: :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline ali carrera

• Limited Member
  • CARRERA & PORTIA
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
I bought one of the bubble making machines together with numerous peanut butter fragrance bubble solution. I was impressed by the advertising showing a dog joyously leaping for the bubbles ::)

The machine is battery operated and makes a whirring sound. Carrera HATES it. If I even move it to get access to one of her other toys she runs under the sofa.

It is now gathering dust  ph34r

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
Alfie sometimes goes funny at really strange things that he's normally fine with, Jo and I had the dogs at the reservoir a while back and there was a big tree branch floating in the water, Alfie saw it and was crouched down stretching forward to sniff it but it was moving so he kept darting back again like it was going to bite him. He wouldn't go up to it properly until Rodaidh went steaming in and showed him that it wasn't actually a Cocker Spaniel eating monster. He did the same thing with a Coke can someone had left sitting upright in the street one day, he was darting back and forward at it and woofing at it but was too scared to actually touch it or sniff it properly until I picked it up and showed it to him :005:

I put Tilly on the lead one day on the golf course as we were passing a big group of golfers and I wouldn't put it past her to nick one of their balls. We were walking along the path up to them when suddenly she made a giant leap to the side and nearly yanked my arm out of its socket, turns out she's not so keen on golf trolley bag things :005: her eyes were like saucers and she couldn't get past them fast enough :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
Ruby is scared of motorbikes and pillar boxes!
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Bev

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
feathers,and my boot only joking

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »

Biba is a bit like Nicolas Alfie..things she has seen loads of time before suddenly freak her out if they are in a different place...plastic carrier bags stuck in a hedge...a branch that is not on a tree...a empty bottle on the road....she has even freaked out at Lola before because she didn't recognise her  ph34r...in her defence Lola was in the distant  :005:
But she hates bikes in any situation...people walking over the fields without dogs  :-\ and her pet hate is fishermen...we were walking along a towpath with her when we came across a bloke fishing...she refused to walk past him and actually ran off in the other direction..OH had to go and get her and carry her past  ::)

whatever Lola is scared of she lets Biba check it out first  :005: and if Bibas not scared then neither is Lola  ;)

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »
My new red wellies. I put them on last week and she barked and barked at them  :lol: :luv:

She seems to have got used to them now!

However she LOVES the vacuum cleaner. I find her in the porch sniffing it and her little tail is on turbo wag  :005:. When I put it on to hoover up she goes bonkers with joy!  :luv:

xx

Offline sooze

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »
Bramble used to get really freaked by people wearing gloves - guess he thought he was encountering elephant man or something - mind you, a stick or a leaf in the wrong light can always make him back off - we call it 'leaving his legs behind' as he always reaches really far forward, but with the hind legs ready for the off ... :)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »

Hoover oh yes forgot about that  ::) they both freak out about that when its in a different place...like when it is actually being used...they only normally see it in the cupboard  ph34r  :005:  :005:

Offline Macy and Tia

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »
We've got one of those old fashioned clothes airer things in our kitchen which you wind down and Tia is petrified of it when i pull it down, it makes a squeeky noise so it could be the noise, she runs off and hides behind Macy (bless)
Macy and Tia xx