Author Topic: What strange thing is your dog scared of?  (Read 5421 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
Re: What strange thing is your dog scared of?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 06:55:55 AM »
bruno is scared of loads of odd things, he doesnt like you pointing a camera at him, unless you are quite far away, if you hold something up to show him hes really suspicious even if its food sometimes, and hes terrified of loud bangs bonfire night is awful, ive already got some rescue remedy , i dont think ella is scared of much, havent had her long enough for fireworks so we will see, kizzy isnt scared of anything she barks and wags at fireworks and anything else in life COULD be an opportunity for food in her mind so she will check anything out  :D :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 07:11:15 AM »
Yesterday we were at the RSPCA shop in town and they had one of those big collecting boxes - a lifesize spaniel - outside the shop. Purdey was woofing and howling at it - she wouldnt leave it alone. The women running the shop all came out to see what the fuss was about - they thought it was hilarious. The funniest thing was there was a bowl of water next to it and Purdey wanted a drink but she was convinced the metal dog was hogging it. We had to move the bowl away so she would drink some.
My OH was tapping the metal "dog" to show Purdey it wasnt real but she wasnt convinced! :005:

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 08:05:10 AM »
Oh yeah, Jarvis hates bird watchers with a passion too, how DARE they walk in his forest without a dog for him to play with. :005:

and he does the Alfie thing, he once freaked out in my garden 'cos there was a plant in a plant pot that he hadn't seen before. I had to pick up the big lump and show him it was a plant before i could let him go in the garden without deafening the neighbours. :lol2: :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Sian P

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »
Murphy is petrified of the vacuum cleaner, never was when he was small, it just developed and now he can't bear being within 20ft of it whether it is on or off. I even put some of his favourite treats by it but he was sooo not interested!

The strange thing he is scared of is a bush down the road. Every time we go past it he jumps out of his skin and flips about. I have checked to see if there is anything lurking but not found anything!  :005:
Sian & Murphy x

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 10:12:04 AM »
Don't laugh but Ben is scared of people laying open fires  ph34r ph34r

Its about the only thing that freaks him out, but when he was small we were in a pub and the landlord removed the fireguard and chucked a lot of coal on the fire then started poking at it with one of those metal thingys.  Ben was really scared by the noise.

Now if we go into a pub with an open fire and anyone gets too close to it he goes all perculiar and tense and starts to bark.  Don't know what we are going to do when we win the lottery and buy a house with open fires...... :005:

bens mum

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
Doors that squeek

Ironing boards and steam irons

Garden gnomes when they are placed at the front of peoples doors

Abandoned supermarket trolleys

Standard Poodles when they have their show cut 

He hates anything burning. If you burn something in the kitchen he barks and barks and runs out of the room, even toast. He did save my house from burning down once when i put something under the grill and forgot all about it  ph34r

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 10:57:15 AM »
Marty is afraid of army man : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fJE93mbPH3k i am such a mean mummy, this was a while ago hes bigger than this now but still does not like army man at all, even when hes not singing and dancing hes winds marty up.

oh and the hairdryer, he does not like the hairdryer at all.
x

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »
Roxy has an issue with Skips!  :huh: Especially if they've had tarpaulling on them.
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »
`
Standard Poodles when they have their show cut 

Can't say i blame him! ph34r :lol2:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
Smudge doesn't like men with beards.He does a large detour if we meet one on his walk

He is afraid of black men......this I think because his first vet Dominic was black and he stuck his finger up his bum (not very well I must say) trying to take his temperature !

He was also totally freaked out yesterday by a man collecting rubbish with a picker upper thing!!!! and a flapping pllastic bag. The man was brilliant and let me show Smudge his bag etc but Smudge was still very wary and got away as soon as possible!

Offline Jaysmum

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
Tiggs is the Dyson, runs a mile when he see's it.

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 12:40:45 PM »
Arwen is terrified of feathers. Its hilarious actually  ph34r. She leaps backwards about five feet if she see's one....

Lily barks at men with hats/sticks and umbrellas and makes everyone else join in  >:(

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 01:24:13 PM »

Honey is scared of any of my musical instruments - I got my guitar out this morning and she sulked on her bed in the next room...
Also mobility scooters...
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »
The Hoover and Prams and Buggies!
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »
Sam is a big scaredy cat!  :005:

He is scared of leaves that move when the wind blows them, brushes, golf clubs, plastic bags, balloons and many more. :005: :005:
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.