Author Topic: Please Please Get you puppy from a Rep Breeder !!!  (Read 6081 times)

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Re: Please Please Get you puppy from a Rep Breeder !!!
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2008, 10:59:49 AM »
Updates on our two breeding girls..

Honey

Hi all sorry haven't made any posts lately just been really busyy!!  Honey is as beautiful as ever and really come out of her shell  she has settled with Oscar and Bramble fine.  She now is part off the gang and waits at door for oh to come home from work then joins in the chorus with her bark!!  She has been off lead but only for couple of Min's as there was alot of activity.  Im really proud of her and she is soo lovable, im smitten!!   Will post some pics if I get time tomorrow love n kisses and yappy new year from Honey Bunny!! x

Amber

Hi everyone

Amber is still a very quiet little girl, but is slowly coming round to the idea that people can be nice

The BIG NEWS today is that she wagged her tail - that is quite a big thing as she has seemed quite sad until today.  She's spending more and more time out of her crate, but it is a very slow process.  She has had a couple of very small plays with Neville and Barney and enjoys watching them play together.

She loves going out for walks and is fantastic on the lead.  She doesn't like the wind in the garden tonight though.

She's eating well so it shouldn't be long before she puts on a little weight.

Will take some piccies this weekend if we can get some decent walks in this horrible weather!!
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Re: Please Please Get you puppy from a Rep Breeder !!!
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008, 12:49:46 PM »
Hi Guys

This is a bit off topic but I even in Guernsey we get Puppy Farmers advertising their puppies in our local newspaper - I was concerned about this so took it upon myself to let the general public know that they should get their puppies from reputable breeders ie going through breed clubs etc so I organised a Discover Dogs - raised the money for it, nagged people to bring along their dogs and to talk to people about them etc etc.  We did two of these so far and it went down very well people loved it.  We haven't done one since 2005 so I think it is time that we did another one as these Puppy Farmers are still advertising and people sometimes aren't patient enough to go through the right channels when they want a puppy they want it now and so will buy from the first place they come across.

Maybe some of you that live near each other or are members of dog clubs could do something similar even if you just had a day with cocker spaniels it would be worth it just to get the word to even one person to stop them buying from a puppy farm.

Something to think about guys ........

Dessie xxx
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands