Author Topic: Huge Dilemma - Help Please  (Read 5223 times)

Offline Sav

Re: Huge Dilemma - Help Please
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 04:17:11 PM »
sounds like my kind of evening sav......just perfick  :luv:

bet you daren't move though........... not for anything  :005:   (if you disturb one , you disturb the whole lot  ;) )

Yep, I made sure that I had everything that I needed within arms reach before I thought about getting them in position!  :005:
Just me & my two boys, Jakey & Lenny, the Patterdale Terrier.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 04:30:34 PM »
  :bigarmhug: .....make those tears of yours, ones of relief & happiness. You've put your little ones needs before your own ......... that's what good moms do  :-*

Agree with this Louise - it is wonderful that all your doglets seem to be very happy with the new arrangement and I hope, in time, you will be too  :-*
Julie and Watson

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Louise and Sav, I'm so happy that you've managed to sort out the best possible arrangement....what a lovely story  :luv: Best wishes to both of you and your lovely dogs, you've both been incredibly selfless  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Sav

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »
Thanks everyone.  :D

I was allowed to have Meg for the weekend & handed her back yesterday.  I miss the little girl.  She was really cuddly & was quite happy in herself even though she's lost 3/4 of her sight.  The boys were nice to her & Jakey didn't complain too much about giving up his place on the passenger seat for a lady!  :005:

Meg kept losing me when we were out but responded to my calls & was really pleased with herself when she found me again!  :luv:  It was just the chickens that tried to peck her,  >:D so they got shouted at by me!  :005:

She's still a good looking girl & was happy sniffing about in the woodland.  :luv:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:12 PM »
Aw Sav they are gorgeous all of them  :luv:

Glad you enjoyed your time with Meg as well, she is sooo pretty  :-* especially the 3rd photo  :luv: :luv:

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »
oh my goodness what a lovely pic  ::)  (more blubbing)...................

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 04:25:18 PM »
Awwwwww  :luv: gorgeous pics, sav  :luv:

Did you give Meg a perm?  :shades: :005:  I don't think i've ever seen so a curly coat on a cocker, although its looks lovely.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »
I love a happy ending - the pics are great and Meg is scrumptious!!!

L&O x

Offline Sav

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »
Awwwwww  :luv: gorgeous pics, sav  :luv:

Did you give Meg a perm?  :shades: :005:  I don't think i've ever seen so a curly coat on a cocker, although its looks lovely.  :luv:
:005:  No, she used to have a lovely smooth coat, but when she was spayed (sp) due to medical reasons, her coat lightened & she turned into a sheep!  :lol2:  We used to clip her ourselves but since her coat changed she started to jam & burn out our clippers, so now she goes to the groomers to get done.  ::)  Jakey needs to go to the groomers too, but the weather's still chilly & he's soooo cuddly at the mo, so that job can wait a bit longer!  :005:

Here's a few more pics from yesterday.

A rather interesting stick?

Offline maggieann

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
Great pics, the dogs are beautiful. :luv:
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2010, 04:48:02 PM »
Aw, only just seen this :luv:

It's lovely to see some pics of the gang again! The one of Lenny with the ball in his mouth made me smile and the highspeed one made me laugh out loud, having met him I think those two pics sum him up perfectly :lol2:

Louise and Sav, I think you've both been brilliant to work all this out so amicably, you've clearly worked together really well to sort out the best for everyone so try not to feel bad about anything and visits are always there for when things are missed :luv: :luv:

I guess such a big age gap and difference in temperament really helps explain what happened to Meg as she's approaching her quieter years.. I know Normy would actually be very happy on her own too, but I also know she's young enough to tolerate Dave and there is never any stress between them so it's not a problem and she just rolls her eyes and huffs a bit but carries on as normal. Dave however, becomes virtually suicidal on his own so he will always need a chum - he was a bit quiet and withdrawn before I got Normy and the change in him for the better when he got company was similar to the way you describe Meg when Lenny isn't around :lol:.

It's horses for courses and you've done the right thing ;) :luv: :luv:

xxx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
Did you give Meg a perm?  :shades: :005:  I don't think i've ever seen so a curly coat on a cocker, although its looks lovely.  :luv:
She reminds me of a certain someone. ;) :luv:

Meg is beautiful, I'm really enjoying seeing all these photos of her, she looks such a lovely gentle girl. :luv: :luv: :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Claire7

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »
Aww I love seeing photos of Lennie (and the other doggies  :D), really like my Brodie but a bit smaller I think.
Claire, Breagha and Brodie x

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
The pics are great Sav - they all look so happy  :luv: :luv:  Meg looks so tiny next to Jakey  :005:
Elaine & Mason X

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 05:58:20 PM »
Looks like you had a great weekend with your gang sav  :shades:

love the photos........ you're not bad with a camera are you   :005:  (want pics of the chicks too  ;) )

she may have poorly eyes but it doesn't show...... but look at that little face  :angel:

this is a lovely photo of the 3 together sav  :luv:  (there's something about the little Lenster that you just can't help but like  :lol2: )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!