Author Topic: Having 3 cocker boys together .... seen a cocker in the refuge out here  (Read 6765 times)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Having 3 cocker boys together .... seen a cocker in the refuge out here
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 07:55:42 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with this boy and really hope he fits into your family well - he couldn't find a lovelier new home  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 08:04:53 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with this boy and really hope he fits into your family well - he couldn't find a lovelier new home  :luv:

Ditto from me - hope it all works out.  ;) It sounds like he will be a very lucky boy to have a home with you  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »
Thanks everyone, am keeping everything crossed that this will work out for us. :blink:  will keep you posted

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 02:24:53 PM »
Thinking of you so hope is good news  :luv:

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
have to call the refuge tomorrow and hopefully everything crossed we can collect him on Friday morning, seems he is 5 years old where we initially thought he was 4 then 4 to 5 .... he looks such a gorgeous boy  :angel: and must be really scared in the refuge with so many other dogs and without the retriever who lived with him and his family so am not bothered about his age....  I jut wonder how these people walked into the refuge to dump him after they had told the family they would be homing both dogs..  it's beyond me.. update tomorow :blink:

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 11:04:02 AM »
have to call the refuge tomorrow and hopefully everything crossed we can collect him on Friday morning, seems he is 5 years old where we initially thought he was 4 then 4 to 5 .... he looks such a gorgeous boy  :angel: and must be really scared in the refuge with so many other dogs and without the retriever who lived with him and his family so am not bothered about his age....  I jut wonder how these people walked into the refuge to dump him after they had told the family they would be homing both dogs..  it's beyond me.. update tomorow :blink:

O am so pleased or you but more for the little fella....he's very lucky :luv: :luv:

Offline seaangler

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »
I saw this lovely cocker boy on a local dog refuge website and fell in love with him, he is 4/5 years old lived with a family that had to return to the UK, they had not had the vaccinations done or bought pet passports.  They left him and a golden retriever with some people who said they would give them both a home, these people apparently dumped them at the refuge, the refuge wanted them to be homed together but someone has adopted the retriever...

My question, I desperately want to give Frankie a home as we did with Alfie (he came from the same refuge) he has no health problems, is very good with other dogs, has lived with children and doesn't seem to bark, despite what he has been through they say he seems remarkably well...  they will microchip him, he will have had some vaccinations etc but my worry is will Louis and Alfie accept him,  Louis didn't take to Alfie immediately but after a few days was fine, how will 3 boys get on together .... any advice would be so much appreciated, I have said i will get back to them tomorrow, someone has enquired about him but they are in the UK so he would be stuck in the refuge for another 7 months to make sure all his jabs are sorted...

Sorry can i ask as to what country this dog is in!!!!...Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 01:18:21 PM »
we are based in Spain

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
Good luck!! Hope everything goes according to plan  ;)

Offline deano

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 09:54:02 AM »
 :blink:thanks Jenna , today's the day .... hoping for good news ... update later

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »
Fingers and Paws crossed for you!

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for you too, can't wait to hear some good news :luv:

And.... The ex pat hobby of taking dogs out to Spain or acquiring them there then just leaving them is beyond me.... ::) ::) A dog is obviously a huge commitment and most of them must know there is a chance they may not stay - so why get a dog if you don't intend to take it back to the UK with you? Grrrrrrrr >:D

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline deano

• Site Member
COLLECTING FRANKIE TOMOROW .... CANT WAIT
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
OH spoke to the refuge earlier and we are collecting Frankie tomorrow, it turns out he hasn't got a microchip as they couldn't find it when they checked this morning, he has had some vaccinations but a new law in Spain 2 months ago means he is probably going to have to have them again to make sure they are all up to date and he hasn't got a passport... so will have to get all this done when we bring him home...

Have just been to Posh Pets to buy him a collar and lead and found a lovely one with buckets and spades on, once we have collected him am taking him straight P.P. where our groomer Rachel will give him a bath and cut and we thought it best to  take Louis and Alfie with us to collect him so that they can meet for the first time on neutral ground...   if there are any problems at all I would think it will be Alfie as he had the same background and loves the fuss he gets from us so think he may have his nose out of joint with a new addition to the family... but fingers crossed they will all be fine . A so excited and pleased to be giving him a lovely new home. :blink:

Offline angie68

• connie
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
He looks lovely and im sure he will be delighted with his new family and new home.  Good Luck & i hope it all goes well.  :D
Angie & Connie

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »
Hope everything goes well tomorrow.