Author Topic: How long do you leave your cocker for?  (Read 9865 times)

Offline Manchester_Spaniel

Re: How long do you leave your cocker for?
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »
This has been of real interest as I am potentially in a similar situation.

At the moment I WFH about 70% of the time but I am interviewing for a new job which is a dream job but will potenitally mean working in an office again for at least 3/4 days a week plus some international travel. OH has a job with stable hours and stable location so can pop home at lunch but we are thinking of a dog walker 3 times a week (mon/wed/fri) for 45 mins as I have calculated that is what we can afford and ofcourse morning and evening walks every day. I would also go running with Fred on the Tuesday and Thursdays where we wouldnt have a dog walker to tire him out a bit more.

Its encouraging to see other people are able to make their circumstances work for both them and their dog and the suggestion regarding neighbours etc to walk their dog seems like a great idea. My neighbour is home on tuesdays so I will see if she will be able to give fred a pee break and I do like the idea of advertising and paying people to walk my dog.

Thanks for this as it has been very helpful!   

Offline JeffandAnnie

Re: How long do you leave your cocker for?
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2011, 06:35:09 PM »
I found our sitters by putting a poster in the local shop window - it had a picture of Annie looking up at the camera all sad-eyed and explaining how her mum and dad were going to have to go out to work all day and would anyone look after her. I had a couple of calls, and she (and now Jeff) spend any days we're both out with a lovely retired couple at the top of our lane. They've been sitting for us for over two years now  :D We drop them off before work and pick them up when we get home, and pay them £10 per day (it was £5 per day for Annie on her own).

The only problem we sometimes have is when they're unavailable; so far we've managed those incidents by using a local dog walker or I've nipped home at lunchtime.