Author Topic: I lost my baby :(  (Read 4637 times)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
Re: I lost my baby :(
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
Some people asked what caused the Peritonitis. I took Lola to the vets at the start of Aug as she was licking her bits (and not in season) A new vet saw us, and was very rough with Lola, She said that she didn't have a Pyometra, Which is what she had suspected from the symptoms. She made Lola yelp, and shouted at her when Lola turned to see what she was doing (The vet had her fingers up her bottom, sorry to be graphic). The way she handled Lola and spoke to me was unacceptable. She demanded the reasons for me not spaying Lola before, and said that she was a fat unhappy dog. Needless to say I made a complaint. Since having Lola (for 4 years, she was a rescue dog) She had been no lighter than 17kgs and no heavier than 18kgs. She wasn't a small framed Cocker, and still very active, running, walking... etc.
I saw one of the Veterinary partners the following day, after them requesting me going back. A second time Lola was checked over, Mr Sender said he didnt think she had a Pyo either, that she was in good shape, needed to have her teeth brushed a little more (Lola hated that) . After all Lolas previous op's he wouldn't recommend spaying. She came into season a week later, It was very heavy, I called the vets, they said thats ok, she is 7 and may be going through the change. Then 2 weeks later at 10pm, she just went out like a light, wouldnt respond. She was sick, I rushed her to the vets and they still didnt diagnose the pyo, they even gave her an ultra sound scan, It was that small it had gone undetected. I took her back to my vets in the morning and they operated at mid day.
The Pyo had ruptured and the reason she went down hill so fast is because of the toxins in her blood. That caused massive damage to her kidneys, and although straight after her op she showed signs of recovery (Bless her) The bloods revealed that the kidneys had gotten worse. She wasn't eating, or drinking, and I made the decision on the vets advise to have her put to sleep. (Hardest decision of my life) I even wanted to shot no as they shaved her arm for the injection. But it was the right thing to do for her. I wasn't going to let her suffer.

I was angry with the vets to begin with, But what happened has happened, and nothing will bring her back.

Sorry if that was to graphic for some readers. Its been a really really hard time. But I will see her again on the other side someday.

Leah x x x

and was really poorly too!!  :'( ........it is the vets who let her down when she needed them  >:D  not you Leah  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Gentle Caring hugs for you hun - must be very hard for you to recall & write the trauma that you all went through  :'(
Like Caz (Bluebell) says - you are very forgiving  :angel: ......not sure I could be either ph34r
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
Just came across this thread.  All I can say is I know the pain you are going through and I'm so sorry for your loss.  RIP Lola  :angel:  Big  :bigarmhug: to you, try and be strong.  Lola is now safe in your heart forever  :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »
I've only just read this thread. I'm so so sorry  :'( :'( :'( :'(.

Run free Lola  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Millie

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »
Only just read this, so very sad. :'( My thoughts are with you . :bigarmhug:
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »
I am so very very sorry.  Thinking of you.