Author Topic: Help Please - sickness and Dia  (Read 764 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Help Please - sickness and Dia
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
Fern had / has dia since Friday night and Saturday was sick - so I didn't feed her Saturday night and just made sure she drank

Sunday she seemed better and was mithering for food - so I decided to give both dogs some boiled rice (Rhum had been sick Saturday evening and also had dia)

Rhum loved his rice and kept it down, Fern loved her rice but less than an hour later decided to shre it with us again

Rhum is back to normal BUT Fernie still isn't right - she's stopped being sick now but her motion is still loose (not surprising as not much in her really) but it is mucusey

Any advice / thoughts ???  She is improving and eating now, if she wasn't I would be straight to the vets

Heard that two other dogs in the area (which my two have NOT been near or where they are walked etc) were also the same

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Help Please - sickness and Dia
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »
perhaps give her some scrambled egg or white fish Cazza?  Maybe some potato instead of the rice?  :luv:

Hope she's feeling better soon - lots of awful tummy bugs doing the rounds down here too  :-\
helen & jarvis x

Offline Dimples

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:09:59 AM »
Hi,

I am no expert at all but my little Robbie (5.5 months) has been very poorly with the same and was recommended by vet to onlly feed boiled rice and chicken for a few days. He is still on it as he still isnt right. 

You can read the thread:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=84589.0

Hope she's ok..x
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
Cheers Helen, I had no chicken in over the weekend, so off to buy some today - she had scrambled egg last night as didn't want to try rice again

She is back to her mischievous self so I know she is on the mend - I have just claimed 3 shoes off her and a hairbrush and just had to shoout at her to leave my gardening gloves where I left them - little minx

Dimples - hope Robbie is better real soon x x x  :luv:

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »
Apart from scrambled egg/fish/rice my vet recommends Purina Fortiflora...

They are sachets of probiotic and at first I thought what a load of ole tosh but have used it a few times now and it definately helps firm things up and they seems to get better much quicker...you can buy it online at one of the canine chemist shops...I usually give one sachet a day for 5 days...

Hope your woofs feel better soon... :bigarmhug:
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)