Author Topic: Re: Another One!  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Whistler

• Site Member
    • http://m4hood.myphotoalbum.com
Re: Another One!
« on: December 27, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
Just a quick post to introduce both myself (Gareth) my wife (Lynda) and the latest addition to our family Ollie.  Ollie is an 8 week old blue roan and is absoulutly full of beans so to say..... :)

This is our first puppy together and no doubt I will be looking for as much help and advice from you guys over the coming weeks and months.

I have also got to add that while researching the option of going for a dog it was only after reading the post on here for potential puppy owners that actually made us decide to make the plunge and join in on the craze.

It is such a pleasure to read articles by genuine dog lovers who clearly have the passion for cocker spaniels.

Anyways.....I look forward to any correspondence from you guys on here.

Seems A life time ago now since I introduced myself on this forum and to be fair it has been.  We unfortunately lost Ollie to ill health at the end of November, and just have to say what a wonderful dog he was with us.  We only had him a short space of time really at almost 8 years but such an impact he made on our lives.
We as a family grew first with an additional rehomed cocker named Darcy then with our Daughter Eva who will be 5 in January. 
Darcy and Ollie were very different dogs with Ollie being very energetic and outgoing to Darcy lethargic and laid back approach to life.
When you lose a Dog it really effects everybody in very different ways and I for one was effected very strongly and swore that I would not put myself through all that again.  However a short time ago I spoke with the breeder of both my boys (actually as a wider family we have 7 of her cockers now!!) and enquired about the possibility of another puppy.  She advised me that she wouldn't expect to have any pups due till June and there obviously would be no guarantee of a dog out of the litter.  She proceeded to tell me about an 18month old boy that she thought we may be able to offer a home to and 20 minutes later on Christmas Eve I was on my way to her friends house to collect our New baby Cougar.  He is the most gorgeous Liver cocker ever with a wonderful temperament and if at all possible has all the same characteristics of Ollie.
As a family we are delighted.  I couldn't recommend using all the knowledge of a breeder any stronger and we have had numerous long hours spent chatting dog stuff over the last number of years.  I have always been an avid reader on here and admit my postings are at a minimum.  and I know that the nature of this post could fall into lots of different "new posts"  but I feel a reintroduction of our family was appropriate  (we also now have 3 fish and a guinea pig!!).

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »
Hello Gareth and family and welcome back to COL :D

I've split your new post from the old one as you've included your original post within the new one.

I'm sorry that you lost Ollie when he was only 8 years old, but delighted to hear of your human and Cocker additions to the family :luv:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
Hello there!  Really sorry about your Ollie, 8 is no age  :'(

Lovely to read about your growing family now, any pics???
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Whistler

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  and yes photos I assure you to follow.  I must admit I need to discipline myself a bit more with regards to the photo taking business!!
I have found it remarkable that even only after 4 days how very well settled our new addition is, he has taken his place in the pack and certainly hasnt tried to force himself up the order.  He is a joy to walk and his recall is superb.  Back to basics though with general commands.
Cougar really has made us as a whole family fall in love with the breed all over again, and being the first solid to our wider family makes him look like the odd one out.  :lol: but he really is an angel  :angel:

Offline Mel X

• Mels Crafty Delights
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
Hi Gareth.  I'm so glad you've found Cougar - cracking name!!!  Lovely to think he's helping you and your family smile again after your sad loss. 

Looking forward to seeing some pics  :D

Mel X

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »
So pleased your sad story has a happy ending  :luv: I look forward to seeing some pics of Cougar  :D

Offline Whistler

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »

My daughters best friend

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »
Stunning :luv:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
What a beautiful dog!  :luv:
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
What a lovely dog  :luv: beautiful photos but that last one is a cracker , a competition winner if ever I saw one  :luv: looks like they are the best of friends

Offline MrsOmalley

• Donator
  • Bella and Millie born 01/10/2012
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
Oh WOW what a stunning dog

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Cougar is a very handsome lad :luv:

love the photo's of him with your daughter :D

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:52:05 PM »
Cougar is fabulous.  That last picture is just perfect, love it.

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 01:06:52 AM »
Wow.

What a time you have had, a rollercoaster both down and up. Your daughter is beautiful, and Cougar is stunning...so glad to read a happy ending  :luv:

Offline Helly D

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »
There really is nothing quite like a child and their dog. I always wanted a dog as a child and had several imaginary ones including a cocker spaniel. I'm so pleased my kids were lucky enough to have dogs throughout their childhoods. Partners in crime and best buddies.

Cougar is quite stunning and your daughter is so sweet.