Author Topic: hi  (Read 548 times)

Offline whitby

hi
« on: December 30, 2012, 03:35:59 PM »
Hi all,
I'm hoping to get a golden or black working cocker pup in the spring. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a breeder preferably in the north east although I'm willing to travel. Or if anyone knows of litters that are due at the end of January or later? 

I find that most litters that are on preloved or pets4homes are 8 weeks plus and most of the pups have been sold. I'd prefer to view a new litter with the pups as young as poss so that I'd have plenty of choice.

Thanks for any replies

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »
Hi there,

I'm not sure if you're supposed to do this but both Fendrove, based near Skegness and Claramand, in Melton Mowbray have helped me enormously. I think Fendrove have some black show cockers pups availble at present.

A quick google will give you all the contact info you need.

Good luck in your search :-)

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »

Welcome to this forum :clapping:

I'm in South Shields and have a 10 month working Cocker.

When we started looking for a pup we trawled the net looking for breeders and ended up with a comprehensive list from Edinburgh to York and to carlisle. We then fired questions like "are you or any reputable breeders you know likely to have a litter of pups in the near future" the response was very rewarding.

Hope you find what your looking for ;)

Mel.

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:57:20 PM »
Hi there,

I'm not sure if you're supposed to do this but both Fendrove, based near Skegness and Claramand, in Melton Mowbray have helped me enormously. I think Fendrove have some black show cockers pups availble at present.

A quick google will give you all the contact info you need.

Good luck in your search :-)

Apologies - I misread your post omitting your request for working strain cockers. Please ignore my reply as it details show breeders.

As Mel details there is a lot of background work vetting possible sources required. If you're struggling for a starting point you could try here ....

http://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeds/cocker-spaniel/puppies

I couldn't filter to just highlight working strains but there are some available there. From that list I would, as Mel also suggests, start the vetting process. Lots of telephone calls and further background internet checks if available on the Kennel.

Again, apologies for the misinformation given and good luck with your search.