Author Topic: Wainwrights  (Read 3863 times)

Offline odieandgizmo

Wainwrights
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
Anyone feeding their pup/dogs wainwright s?
If so, have you noticed any 'bad' points about it?

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Wainwrights
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
The wet or dry? I used to feed Brodie the wet food and it is the only food I've ever seen her spin circles for :005:. She loved it. I was very surprised about how good the ingredients were. I am not so keen on the ingredients of the dry food, though.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline odieandgizmo

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
It's the dry food, not so keen on wet dog food  :-\

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »
The wet or dry? I used to feed Brodie the wet food and it is the only food I've ever seen her spin circles for :005:. She loved it. I was very surprised about how good the ingredients were. I am not so keen on the ingredients of the dry food, though.

I totally agree. The dry food has some fillers and things I would not be too keen on but the wet is brilliant food. I switched Archie to it when he became a complete fusspot and decided to starve rather than eat. I think he was about 5 months old. He's been on it ever since. No mixer or kibble, just straight wet food. He adores it and would eat the packet if he could. The ingredients are great and his output  :shades: is excellent. Usually just one perfect poo a day - occasionally two if I'm really lucky! My Mum also uses it for her pup Jade. She switched her to it straight away once she was settled in and has had no problems.
I know what you mean about wet food. I was concerned at first but I'm not really sure why to be honest! There is no problem feeding it. Archie keeps his teeth clean with broccoli, carrots and the odd bone from the butcher. It is also really good value. Archie has two thirds of a pack a day which works out at about 60p. He's a big boy too - over 17kg but not fat.

Offline Macette

• Lexi
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:11 PM »
I am feeding wainwrights dry, started Lexi on the dry salmon and potato and the wind problem was awful, so changed her to the duck and rice dry and problem solved. Poos are normal cant say that she is over the moon about it but she eats it ok. It's not to bad on price and seems like good quality. She can be hyper at times not sure if its the food or just her lol. Will probably change to an adult duck and rice around 9 months. The last dog I had suffered with allergies so I'm trying to stay away from foods that could cause allergy, so wheat free for Lexi .

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »
We feed ours Wainwrights (turkey & rice) at every meal but they get other stuff with it as well.  They do well on it.  We compared all the ingredients with James Wellbeloved and it's the same but £10 cheaper for 15 kgs.  One or two of the trace elements were fractionally different but that's all.

Offline odieandgizmo

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
We are feeding turkey and rice wainwrights dry food, we never have a problem with fussy eaters,they eat anything! I just find it so difficult finding a good food, it seems whatever we look into getting we end up changing it as its not as good as it seems!  :huh:

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »
I'd say if it's good quality, good prices & your dogs are eating it and healthy then why change?  :luv:

We're on JWB - am interested now by Cockertime's post, as I spend £7-£9 on a 2kg bag that lasts around 2weeks, so I guess I'm spending £15-18 a month....which is fine but I'm on a low income, and wanting the best I can afford for my lad...is it really true that Wainwrights dry is the same as JWB and cheaper???

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:56 AM »
well I talked to a manger of pah and he told me that the people who make jwb make the wainwrights for pah and that it is basically the same!!!???

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
www.whichdogfood.co.uk is a good site for comparing foods.

But I think you just have to go with what suits your dog too -no matter what the site says, if it doesn't work for your dog then go with your instinct  :D
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
What about Skinners?  ph34r
Sorry Mods if this should be a new thread.....

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
I'd say if it's good quality, good prices & your dogs are eating it and healthy then why change?  :luv:

We're on JWB - am interested now by Cockertime's post, as I spend £7-£9 on a 2kg bag that lasts around 2weeks, so I guess I'm spending £15-18 a month....which is fine but I'm on a low income, and wanting the best I can afford for my lad...is it really true that Wainwrights dry is the same as JWB and cheaper???

I'm suggesting to change, but I just wanted to let you know my raw costs. (The most expensive box I can buy is £13, it does him 2 months). You can make a DIY raw diet and blag leftovers free, but I buy direct and it's all pre-made; defrost, plonk in bowl is my preparation.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »

I'm suggesting to change, but I just wanted to let you know my raw costs. (The most expensive box I can buy is £13, it does him 2 months). You can make a DIY raw diet and blag leftovers free, but I buy direct and it's all pre-made; defrost, plonk in bowl is my preparation.

What pre-made raw do you buy Emma?

The idea of going to the butchers or supermarket meat counter freaks me out, I'm staunchly vegan....  ph34r :'(

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »

The idea of going to the butchers or supermarket meat counter freaks me out, I'm staunchly vegan....  ph34r :'(

I buy direct from DAF, it's in a packet; contains minced meat, offal and bone...we cut when frozen into meal sized portinos, defrost :).  I'm not saying go for it, I just wanted to show the cost.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »
I'd say if it's good quality, good prices & your dogs are eating it and healthy then why change?  :luv:

The idea of going to the butchers or supermarket meat counter freaks me out, I'm staunchly vegan....  ph34r :'(

I buy direct from DAF, it's in a packet; contains minced meat, offal and bone...we cut when frozen into meal sized portinos, defrost :).  I'm not saying go for it, I just wanted to show the cost.

Thank you! Have been on their website, looks good for what you get it's just that they don't seem to deliver to Coventry...ah well. Thanks Emma :) xx