Author Topic: windows 8  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Damommin

• Donator
windows 8
« on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
So my poor laptop died, I mourned its loss and eventually decided that a new laptop was needed. I toddled off to Argos and bought a lovely, shiny, purple Toshiba, brought it home, plugged it in, turned it on on and... Well, bluntly, I cannot use it! I've tried, honestly I have. In fact I've tried since August (on and off, perhaps half heartedly) but I have tried over the past 2 evenings, to print a document and I just can't. The swooshy in blue panel disappears before I can manage to move the cursor anywhere near the tiny, elusive 'print ' button. To say. I am frustrated is an oversight. Hurrrumpf. Moan done.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: windows 8
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:11 PM »
I have a Toshiba (Argos) and windows 8. my last one operated on Vista. I hated this new software, took me ages and quite abit of huffing. but cracked it in the end. still prefer vista but now used to W8.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Damommin

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 08:04:19 AM »
Min, thanks for the reply. I think I've done a fair bit of huffing now so any minute now I'll have sussed it!

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »
I don't know what my son did !!!!!   but I can use either  :luv:
It has sussed-out that I prefer the old Desk top & now it opens on that;   needless to say I use this most but do dip in-to windows 8 occasional.
Maybe if you haven't a "geek" in the family you could have it done at a computer shop.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline Damommin

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
Julie- I do indeed have a Geek! I shall ask them to fiddle! Many thanks.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
I dont like Windows 8 either, but found a classic shell download http://www.pcworld.com/article/2109735/replace-windows-8-with-windows-7-or-a-look-alike.html

It might help x