Author Topic: Walk Your Dog with Love/Happy at Heel harness reviews  (Read 9988 times)

Offline PollySpaull

Re: Walk Your Dog with Love/Happy at Heel harness reviews
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 07:10:25 AM »
Well montys WYDWL harness arrives today! We've been doing lots of heel training together, and the other day managed to walk all the way up our road - which is fairly long - on a nice loose lead! It was a miracle! However as soon as he gets distracted he's off!
Myself and my partner are off to NYC in May and my boyfriends mum is going to have him. She's in her 60's and is super fit, although does suffer from shoulder problems. I'm hoping this harness will make it easier for her to walk him. Fingers crossed! X

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 08:41:02 AM »
Its definately helped us PollY, but Monty maybe ought to be just a little bit "norty", otherwise she might not want to give him back!  :005:
Have a great time in NYC - never been but am sure it must be fabulous!

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
Both mine have these and I couldn't have survived without them! Enjoy NYC, I've been and it's amazing. Let me know if you want any hints.....x
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 09:09:16 AM »
I've just ordered one of these harnesses. I can't wait to give it a try.

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:31 PM »
I received my Walk you dog with love harness this morning and I have just given Millie her first outing in it. First impressions are.........It's brilliant.  :clapping:

Millie charged down the drive, the lead tightened and she stopped, let me catch up and off we went. The lead tightened a couple of times in the first 100 yards and every time she dropped back on her own with no encouragement from me. After that it was loose lead all the way.

This could possibly be the best bit of dog equipment o have ever bought. Previously stressful walks will hopefully be enjoyable again.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »
So glad the harness is working, it's amazing how it makes walking the dog a pleasure overnight!

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:45 PM »
So glad the harness is working, it's amazing how it makes walking the dog a pleasure overnight!

Lesley and Dylan

I'm actually looking forward to going out for a walk tomorrow now. What I like about it is that it is well made and easy to put on and adjust. Plus I got a lovely deep purple one that goes well with Millies black coat :lol:

Thank you so much for recommending it.

Offline PollySpaull

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »
Agree, walking Monty could be quite frustrating when he was pulling like a steam train! Now it's so easy and no pulling at all!

Offline Gromit

• Site Member
  • Always look up.
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 08:30:12 PM »
I've been using a halti harness on my Flatcoat who always used to pull on a collar. She's been much better with the harness and more inclined to drop back level with me straightaway when I do the 'stand still and make like a tree' thing. Since reading the posts though I've just ordered the Sports WYDWL harness as I think the thicker straps will be more comfy for her. Thanks for the recommendations everyone. What would we do without COLers?

Offline theoldfella

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »
Well, being a glass three quarters empty kind of bloke I ordered the WYDWL harness but didn't really have high hopes. And guess what, I was ..... wrong!  :005:

Adjusted the size, put it on Tango and although he is a little reluctant to move off at times it is almost as if he has realised "*****, the old man's in charge, I haven't got anything to pull against now". I'm not saying he walks perfectly to heel but so far he walks closer to me and my arm/shoulder don't feel anywhere near as strained.

It's early days still but it could well be the best 25 quid I have spent in a long time!

Kevin

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
Because I had a query when I ordered mine from Amazon, I ended up corresponding with Dan, the guy who invented and sells thm in the U.S. - He does a lot of charity work there apparently and donates them to dog shelters with a view to making the dogs easier to handle and therefore giving them a better chance of being re-homed.
I dropped him a mail last week to say how happy I was with mine and he replied how much it meant to him to know he's made a difference. If anyone's ordered theirs off Amazon, it might be nice to give him a good review if you're happy and give him a leg up marketing them in Europe as, in my view anYway, they're great. (I have no vested interest in this at all but like to give credit,where credit's due)!

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 06:12:31 PM »
Well, being a glass three quarters empty kind of bloke I ordered the WYDWL harness but didn't really have high hopes. And guess what, I was ..... wrong!  :005:

Adjusted the size, put it on Tango and although he is a little reluctant to move off at times it is almost as if he has realised "*****, the old man's in charge, I haven't got anything to pull against now". I'm not saying he walks perfectly to heel but so far he walks closer to me and my arm/shoulder don't feel anywhere near as strained.

It's early days still but it could well be the best 25 quid I have spent in a long time!

Kevin

I'm pleased the harness has made a difference. Millie can still pull on he's but on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is pulling so hard her belly almost touches the floor, Millie is down to about a 1 or 2. I actually enjoy taking them both out together for the first time and can actually have a puff on my e-ciggarette. It is the best £25 I have spent.

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 08:40:25 AM »
Having read this thread, I'm thinking of getting a WYDWL harness for Vera as she's so eager to get to the field, she pulls like a train, but I'm a bit puzzled by the sizing. Vera is around 12-13kg, the sizes on the website are 8-15kg or 11-25kg or something similar. What size have other people bought please? And what is the difference between the standard harness and the "sport" version?

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:50 AM »
Millie is 12kg, though she doesn't look it at all, and I got the 8-15kg harness for her. It fits fine with plenty of room for growth.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »
See my link on page one of this thread. It took me a while to decide which size, and I emailed the company about it. Dylan was six months old at the time, and he has filled out more since then, he is a big boy, he weighed 14 kg at the last weight n aged 8 months. He's now coming up for ten months, and it still fits him, there is a lot of room for adjustment on the harness.

The sport version has thicker, softer straps, which I thought would be more comfortable, also reflective patches.

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo