Author Topic: Walk Your Dog with Love/Happy at Heel harness reviews  (Read 10046 times)

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
Re: Walk Your Dog with Love/Happy at Heel harness reviews
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2017, 03:33:16 PM »
Ips:  The length from start of buckle to end of ring for the 18-35lb size is 14cm - for the 12-23lb it is 12cm - very little difference in length but a big difference in webbing size and ring size.

Offline ips

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »
We mostly walk off lead in the woods or on the beach, and Dylan is pretty good. But for walking in a street I use the WYDWL harness. He walks perfectly on it, but put his collar lead on and he will pull, especially if he is fresh. When he's had a run he walks properly on a lead, but at the beginning of a walk he is so excited he's a nightmare, he is so strong. He'll walk to heel in a calm situation, but that doesn't often happen! The harness is brilliant for street walking for me.

Lesley and Dylan

Just got the wydwl out of the box of tricks and had a two mile ish on road walk,. There is no doubt whatsoever that it works a treat. Its as easy to put on a slip lead (well nearly) and I think ideal for those occasions you cannot do lead training such as around town when on hols.
They are simple design but very effective. I don't like the metal ring and the clip from the lead banging about so I have cut the ring off and the clip off an old lead and attached direct.

Ps
If you get the next size up is the difference merely that you have more excess lead at the front so the ring is not right under her neck. That may be the problem

I bought a bigger size initially and it's quite surprising just how much difference there is between sizes - the 18-35lb size has strapping that is 2.5cm wide whilst the next size down for 12 - 23lb is just over 1.5cm wide - the ring size where the lead attaches is also much bigger and heavier for the bigger size.  The 12 - 23lb is perfect for Grace and the smaller webbing and ring at the front is so much better - she is just over 20lb - so although the 18-35lb was correct it was just too big and bulky for her.

When you're on holiday and everything is new and exciting these harnesses are a dream!  Grace's first holiday to Cornwall was ruined as by day 2 she had worn areas of her rear pads down - she still got out and about every day, but I had to bandage her feet before every trip and put baby socks over the bandages to try and keep them in place.  She still enjoyed herself but not half as much as she did the following year when we had the benefit of the harness.

Thanks for that 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Gazrob

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
I just trained constantly everytime we went for a walk. At times I felt like giving up. But I didn't and eventually he got the message. I can't allow him to pull as I have a slight disability he can now walk to heel on and off lead. Keep your dog on a short lead. Keep the dog guessing. Don't just walk in straight lines. Walk in inside circles and figure eights everytime you go for a walk.

Offline ips

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
Trouble is you cant do a figure eight down the road or through town 😁
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Gazrob

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 10:48:34 PM »
I do wherever I go lol. On a bit of grass or down the park. I don't care what other people think.