Author Topic: First Agility Session  (Read 4187 times)

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
First Agility Session
« on: April 14, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Me, Pips and Rory are just back from our first agility training session, and it was brilliant! I went expecting it to be a very gentle introduction to the equipment, but they exceeded all my expectations and by then end of the hour were completing several different combinations over various peices of equipment.  It was really lovely to see them enjoying themselves so much, especially Pippa who I thought might take a while get used to everything as she's never done anything like it before.  Now I feel bad for under estimating them....

All I need to do now is keep up with them  :005:
Emma, Pippa & Rory x

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: First Agility Session
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:58:03 AM »
How old are Pip and Rory? (Sorry, I'm sure you've said, but I can't remember). I'd love to do agility with Humphrey, he's been in contact with a few bits of apparatus at training classes and loves the tunnel and seesaw etc but gets very excited around other dogs still. That might get better as he gets older (pigs have been known to fly, :005:) but I was thinking, if I could divert some of that energy away from sniffing, it would do him good.
Please keep us updated as to how Pip and Rory progress, and, if you can run behind quick enough with the camera  :005: :005:, some pictures would be great!
Have fun!

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
Re: First Agility Session
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:53:02 AM »
Thanks Jayne! :D
Pippa is 33 months and Rory is 15 months, at the moment I'm having a private session with my two so I can take them both at the same time - long term I'm aiming to take them separately to a group glass (3 other dogs) to help hopefully with Pippa's nervousness around other dogs.  Even after an hour I can see how it's going to help their overall training as to get round the course they need to be attentive and we need to work together.  Earlier in the year I took Rory to a KC club bronze class but after a great start a few things happened and he ended up just looking miserable, last night they both looked so happy.  I will try and get some photos  ;)
Emma, Pippa & Rory x