Author Topic: animal friends insurance????  (Read 2519 times)

Offline hblower

• Site Member
animal friends insurance????
« on: April 21, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »
does anyone insure with them, google reviews and 2015 they won insurer of the year but other reveiws say don't touch them,  I just used compare the market and much cheaper than orins current one but need them to pay out if needed.

tired pet plan (horse with pet plan) and more than john lewis etc and all lot more.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: animal friends insurance????
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bob and Dot have their two insured with Animal Freinds and I'm sure will be on later  ;)

I had a quote but they were expensive compared to Agria Direct (who underwrite Kennel Club and BASC insurance) £9 for the first 2 months and £19 pcm for 10 months for a 1 year old wcs

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: animal friends insurance????
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 10:11:30 PM »
And, as if by magic……

We've both our cockers insured with Animal Friends. Milly for the past six years and Chaz for the past three years.

Both are on their "Superior" lifetime policy with a £7k limit per condition, with a £99 excess, at a cost of just over £400 per year in total for both dogs.

During that time we've made two claims, one for each of them, totalling about £1700. Both claims were paid out within a few days and they even spotted a mistake (to my advantage) in our vet's arithmetic on the claim for Milly.

I've always found them to be pleasant and helpful to deal with and both the claims we've made so far have been paid out very quickly.

As with all insurance companies there'll be people who've had excellent service and people who're dissatisfied with the service they've received but I can only speak as I find and my experience of them over the past six years is very positive indeed.

Bob.