Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Ang-Bob

Hello
« on: January 24, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »
Hiya

Thanks for allowing us to join  ;)
We have just recently welcomed our wee Cocker Bob into the family, he's 13 wks old, solid black apart from a tiny white peice on his chest & Show type.
He is dog number 7 for us so we aren't strangers to doggies but he's our first Cocker! Currently we have two GSD aged 10 & 5, after losing our wee Border Terrier I researched tons & decided on a Cocker for our next pup.
Thanks to talking to people/breeders & reading tons on this forum we chose Show over Worker & found the perfect pup close to home  :luv:
He's a wee star, full of energy, fun & loves to cuddle up! Living on a croft with our other dogs, cats, horses & chickens seems to be suiting him very well.
I train using positive reinforcement mainly with clicker training & have started with the whistle in the house also, Bob(after the Minion Bob coz he's so happy!) is very bright & we are going to have lots of fun - just adore him!!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
Hi and welcome! Two GSD's and now a cocker, a lady/man after my own heart!! I adored my first GSD but always wanted a cocker and adore him aswell, but he's my baby whereas my GSD was my protector (king as opposed to clown!!!)
It sounds as if Bob has landed himself a pretty cushy place to live and is going to have a whale of time with all those cats and chickens et al.! Looking forward to hearing about all his adventures and seeing some pictures!!

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 03:21:20 PM »
Lucky Bob, sound idyllic! Looks just like my Henry when he was a wee pup. He also had a tiny bit of white on his chest, but that disappeared after a few months.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »
Hi to you and Bob. 
We also had a Border Terrorist in the past.  :luv:   You will see a difference between the strong willed " I will do what you say when I am  good and ready" Border and the " I will love you to death and beyond" Spaniel .
Look forward to Bob's stories
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 04:47:53 PM »
Welcome to you and Bob, wee Bob sounds wonderful.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Ang-Bob

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 05:31:03 PM »
Thanks all 🙂

Bizzylizzy I love my Shepherds, we've also had another & a cross Shepherd before the present two. My boy is 10 & is a lovely big sap very sadly he's been diagnosed with cancer, we are spoiling him & enjoying him for now  :'( My other is 5 & she's very lovely & loyal but is a sensitive soul & gets worried easily - she adores Bob!
Min you are so right! Our Border was lovely & I would have another but yes 'when I'm ready' is definitely a Border  :005:
Bob is very confident & hasn't been fazed by any of the other animals which is great. For now I'm getting him out & about as much as poss & seeing different things.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 06:51:43 PM »
Hi and welcome,  strikes me that Bob :luv:  has landed on four paws with you - what an amazing life he's going to have  :D

Offline MooreMadness

• Donator
  • Simon and Wendy
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »
Hello,Welcome from Simon Wendy and Bonnie.

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »
Welcome - bob is lovely. My sister has a Border Terrier and she is very placid and laid back - so different to how my Libby was :)
Anita