Author Topic: Arden Grange Adult Chicken/lamb and Rice Dog Food - Eating soil  (Read 1628 times)

Offline crossie

Arden Grange Adult Chicken/lamb and Rice Dog Food - Eating soil
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
4 year old cocker gets feed this morning and evening to the full amount for her 11/12kg weight
Plus snacks and treats

had no problems over the last year then all of a sudden she has started to eat soil

Has anyone had this problem?

Is she just board with the food?

Should I take her to the vets?

Still a very happy dog - no other changes

Offline Goddy

• Site Member
Re: Arden Grange Adult Chicken/lamb and Rice Dog Food - Eating soil
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
Funny coincidence -I came onto this forum to see if any advice because my 5 month old working cocker puppy on Arden Grange puppy food has started to eat soil.  She roots around in the garden but also tries to grab bits whilst out on a walk - obviously this is not a good thing as all sorts of nasties could be lurking - has anyone else any thoughts on it or should I just change the food again?

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:34 PM »
My dog started eating soil occationally a few years back. I worried about her diet at first. Because it could mean that there is something missing from their diet. Some mineral or fibre or something like that. But I know she gets good quality nutrition, she is not underweight and she even gets supplements. If she was eating big amounts or was eating soil every day or was very intense about it I would take her to the vets. But Laurië only does it on rare occations so I've settled on it just being curiosity or her being weird :P  But it is absolutely a good idea to make sure the food is good quality and covers all the dogs needs when they do stuff like eating soil. Don't know anything about arden grange so I'm not much help really, just wanted to say my cocker eats soil once in a while too and there doesn't seem to be a reason for it in her case :)

Offline C_phillips

• Snappy Spaniel
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 06:19:06 PM »
Jake was on Arden Grange and he used to eat a lot of grass, I've switched to Millies Wolfheart and his poo's are more solid and he no longer eats grass. His overall temprement is better too and he seems to enjoy i much more than AG, so I'd consider making the switch! (although it is more expensive).
Owner of Jake, the fearful-reactive Spaniel.
Read about our journey with Jake:
SnappySpaniel.Wordpress.com