Author Topic: Puppy Food  (Read 2419 times)

Offline LilyPup

Re: Puppy Food
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »
Lately I've been looking at Applaws. It's grain free and has a really high meat content. But I've seen a lot of people say that it was too rich for their dog/puppy, and gave them loose poos. Could still be worth a try though and I'm certainly thinking about it.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
Lately I've been looking at Applaws. It's grain free and has a really high meat content. But I've seen a lot of people say that it was too rich for their dog/puppy, and gave them loose poos. Could still be worth a try though and I'm certainly thinking about it.

Archie was a very fussy eater as a pup and this was the only kibble he would contemplate eating. Even once he was happy on his wet food I used it as his training treats for a long time. It's a really good food. All these types of kibble - Applaws, Eden, Orijen etc are apparently similar in that they prove to be too rich for some dogs. I remember reading reviews when I was trying to find something Archie would eat and Eden in particular seems to split opinion to the extreme. For many dogs it's fantastic, but if it doesn't suit....it REALLY doesn't suit!! The best advice always seems to be that if you find something that works for YOUR dog then that's the best food.

Offline Andrea Ellie

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »
Agree with ArchieBean. The best food is the one that suits your dog.