Author Topic: A little reassurance  (Read 1468 times)

Offline gizmo001i

A little reassurance
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:24:31 PM »
Hi everyone, just wanted to write a little piece for everyone who has just got a puppy and is at their wits end. Last November we were very lucky to invite Bailey, a lively and manic puppy into our family. When he came home to us, he was all teeth and no bite, but definitely tested our patience. Since then, this little terror has turned into the most wonderful and faithful friend that you could possibly imagine. In our eyes, he is the most handsome boy that you could ever have. So hold on and be strong because in a very short while, it will be worth it.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: A little reassurance
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:16:02 AM »
What a lovely post! So glad you're now being rewarded for the endurance in puppyhood!!
Bailey really is a a very handsome young lad - I'm sure he'll break a few hearts!!  :luv:  His colour is beautiful and oh oh - those eyes......(big sigh...)

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:23:26 AM »
Oh he is growing into such a handsome man!  :luv:

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 08:43:55 AM »
Thank you for the reassurance, its posts like these that keep me going during the tough puppy testing times :lol2:

Offline cockersarespecialpeople

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:12:44 AM »
Hi everyone, just wanted to write a little piece for everyone who has just got a puppy and is at their wits end. Last November we were very lucky to invite Bailey, a lively and manic puppy into our family. When he came home to us, he was all teeth and no bite, but definitely tested our patience. Since then, this little terror has turned into the most wonderful and faithful friend that you could possibly imagine. In our eyes, he is the most handsome boy that you could ever have. So hold on and be strong because in a very short while, it will be worth it.

What a lovely post and so reassuring to hear that your patience is now being rewarded several times over!  We recently began sharing our home with our beautiful Freddie.  Yes, he's very testing but ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS with it and we are besotted with him.
Bailey is a very handsome boy and I wish you years of continued happiness with him.
Millie & Raffles running free over the Bridge.  Miss you always our special ones.

Offline gizmo001i

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
Thanks everyone. We are rapidly changing from being cat people to being dog people lol

Offline Sumava Cockers

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 06:39:16 AM »
Well said.   I think these little terrors push us all to the edge and then suddenly become the most loyal and loved members of the family.

Bailey is certainly growing into a handsome young man.  What a star he is!
Sarka, Jon and Barnaby B

Offline PopPops

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »

He is so beautiful, what a lovely face!

They really are worth all the tears and stress - going through it again at the moment I'd forgotten how hard work tiny puppies are!
Pops the Womble: November 2012 to February 2017. Forever loved and missed Poppet.

Offline LilyPup

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 09:47:25 PM »
He is such a handsome boy! Thanks for the post, it's very reassuring :)

Lily is 14 weeks now, and I feel like things are getting easier already (though I'm aware we're not quite out of the woodworks yet!).

Offline rachmonkey

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »
I.keep rereading this post at the end of another exhausting day... thanks so much for posting it. Its hard to always hold in mind doing just how much they are improving. We are at 14/5 weeks and it can feel like one step forward and two steps back sometimes!
Clever energetic little things...getting not so.little!! 😁🤔

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 10:21:50 PM »
The OP is so true, and what a stunning boy he has grown into.  :luv:

Offline gizmo001i

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »
Thank you and rachmonkey, I'm glad this post is helping. Still enjoying aging Bailey in our family. Yes he can be a real git at times, but he also so funny and loveable that it way more than makes up for it.