Author Topic: Learning to stay  (Read 1682 times)

Offline bmthmark

Re: Learning to stay
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 07:34:22 AM »
Thanks for the lovely update! Well done , -there's  nothing like that feeling when they make you proud at a group training !! Humphrey's "stay" has always been his Piece de Resistance, although he's pretty hopeless at a lot of the other stuff, so if we're having a frustrating session, I usually end with it so we can finish on a positive note.
Best of luck with the bronze award, do let us know how you get on!!

Thank you, I really appreciated the advice you gave me originally and I did take it all on board. I did the shorter distance and I walked backwards still facing him with a hand signal.
I have noticed one week he could struggle with everything and the next he passes with flying colours, but I suppose this is due to how young jett is.

Offline ips

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
Think I missed the boat with training stay , my little madam wont stay still long enough to stay 😁
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »
ips - It's never too late. Henry's stay was non-existent until I made it a game and trained him that the release was the thing, not the staying. The staying is just what he has to do to get the amazing reward waiting for him in my hand when I say 'release'.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)