Author Topic: Funny things your cocker has done  (Read 1471 times)

Offline hoover

Funny things your cocker has done
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:15:36 PM »
So what silly / funny things has your cocker done?

Ollie is besotted with his Ikea rat and trots around the place trying to find the perfect hiding place for it.  Once found he will drop it there, walk away, lie down for a few seconds perhaps and then suddenly get up and retrieve it proudly like he's the cleverest dog in the world for finding it again, lol.  He will then continue to strut around with it until he finds another perfect hiding place and repeat the process.  One day we were watching this laboured process in the living room and, with rat in mouth, he climbed on top of one sofa, right up the back, and stretched up to reach the unit behind it... then very gently positioned poor rat on top of a jar candle that is stationed there and...yes, you've guessed it..it was burning.   :o  Luckily we jumped up in time and and rescued poor rat from his funeral pyre and saved our house.  :005:  I can't imagine trying to explain that to the insurance company!

So what have your cockers been up to?

Offline AlanT

Re: Funny things your cocker has done
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:29:44 PM »
Loose dogs and lighted candles.  What are you thinking. Please don't do this!

Friend of mine spent a life in fire-research.  I've seen the films.  You'd be amazed just how inflammable lots of domestic stuff is.

Especially cheap Chinese rubbish. They don't care!

Offline hoover

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
Well since the unit and candle were at a height of 1.5 meters we really didn't have any reason to think Ollie would be anywhere near it. But in the goal of hiding a toy he clearly had other ideas and made use of some nifty acrobatics to pull it off.

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »
Ah the ikea rat, best dog toy ever invented  :luv: Much loved by Laurië too, but she has yet to set fire to one I'm happy to say :005: She did however scare me pretty badly with it once. I went out on the balcony an early morning and nearly passed out from the shock of finding a giant rat sitting there (I'm very nearsighted without my contacts). She had left it outside the previous evening without me noticing  :lol2:

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 07:44:45 PM »
Last night on our way to the pub Jinley found a rabbits ear chew that a local dog had discarded.  She carried it to the pub then, not interested in eating it decided the best thing would be to bury it.  She stared at a large plant pot in the pub until it was fetched down to the floor.  She then promptly buried it carefully then settled on her blanket as usual.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »
Last night on our way to the pub Jinley found a rabbits ear chew that a local dog had discarded.  She carried it to the pub then, not interested in eating it decided the best thing would be to bury it.  She stared at a large plant pot in the pub until it was fetched down to the floor.  She then promptly buried it carefully then settled on her blanket as usual.

😂😂😂

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »
When Blue was small and the teething started, I followed the excellent advice on this forum and gave him a large frozen carrot to gnaw on.  He had a nibble on it, then carefully buried it in the garden!  Obviously, he imagined it would still be frozen when he went back for it. 
The next day, he went and dug it up, and moved it to a new spot elsewhere in the garden. 
On the third day, he dug up the slushy mess that remained and carefully re-bured it in another 'secret' hiding place, known only to him (and me!)  Bless him  :D   He still buries his treasures, balls, bones etc.  It's amazing how they have that instinct, isn't it?

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
Sorry if this is too much information.

Went to the toilet today, look for toilet roll and there is none  :huh: I look out onto the landing and I can see the end of the roll coming out of our bedroom. Waddle out to find Millie lying in her bed with the roll  >:D

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 07:47:07 AM »
Bea's family trait is plant pots, we where all warned before we picked her up that most of her line LOVE them.

Bea will remove any content from said plastic plant pot and perade it around the garden  :luv: :luv:

Needles to say I have become an excellent re potter of all kind of plants  :005:

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
My Fred is a very friendly curious little boy as two tourists/wild campers discovered when he introduced himself to them by opening their tent and climbing in to say hello as they were 'greeting the morning'............Bizarrely enough they were both up and dressed by the time we passed their tent on our way back home!!
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »
Bea's family trait is plant pots, we where all warned before we picked her up that most of her line LOVE them.

Bea will remove any content from said plastic plant pot and perade it around the garden  :luv: :luv:

Needles to say I have become an excellent re potter of all kind of plants  :005:

Humphrey's not so much bothered by the pots as by the plastic labels I put in when I've planted out seedlings - walking through the garden is like going on a magical mystery tour - haven't got a clue what's growing where!!  :lol2:

Offline AlanT

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
Sorry to bang on about candles but you must watch these.

As case comes to mind where a lady lit four small candles and put them around her bath.  Se fell asleep in the warm water and the candles ignited the fibre-glass bath.

Unconcious now from fume, you can imagine the rest.

I have lovely battery operated candles that change colour if requested and do other party tricks.

Accidents are always based on "I really didn't expect".  Sorry but its a pet hate of mine.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »

As case comes to mind where a lady lit four small candles and put them around her bath.  Se fell asleep in the warm water and the candles ignited the fibre-glass bath.

So why didn't the water from the bath put out the fire?  :dunno:

I have lovely battery operated candles that change colour if requested and do other party tricks.

Accidents are always based on "I really didn't expect".  Sorry but its a pet hate of mine.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 10:05:35 AM »
I think my cocker has figured out how currency works. She knows begging at the table will get her nothing with me so she started bringing me gifts when I eat, presumably hoping to exchange them for food. Her offerings are the good stuff too, socks and toys and slippers, all the things she values the most. She is so careful about it too, sometimes I don't even notice her doing it until I stand up and see all the treasures carefully placed at my feet  :005:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »

So why didn't the water from the bath put out the fire?  :dunno:

;)
OH was an officer in Frankfurt fire service for nearly 40 years (also did a year in Birmingham) before retiring and working  in fire safety sector, -  the vast majority of house fires are caused by faulty electrical equipment, followed by kitchen fires, chip pans etc. Open fires and candles rate very low, and used with appropriate care are no problem. They served us well for hindreds of years. I don't think there are any statistics on burning baths.