Author Topic: Funny things your cocker has done  (Read 1472 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Funny things your cocker has done
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 12:02:32 PM »
Sorry to bang on about candles but you must watch these.

As case comes to mind where a lady lit four small candles and put them around her bath.  Se fell asleep in the warm water and the candles ignited the fibre-glass bath.

Unconcious now from fume, you can imagine the rest.

So why didn't the water from the bath put out the fire?  :dunno:

I have lovely battery operated candles that change colour if requested and do other party tricks.

Accidents are always based on "I really didn't expect".  Sorry but its a pet hate of mine.

;)
OH was an officer in Frankfurt fire service for nearly 40 years (also did a year in Birmingham) before retiring and working  in fire safety sector, -  the vast majority of house fires are caused by faulty electrical equipment, followed by kitchen fires, chip pans etc. Open fires and candles rate very low, and used with appropriate care are no problem. They served us well for hundreds of years. I don't think there are any statistics on burning baths.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
I'm still deciding which of my many daft stories about Henry to post here.

But as an aside - bizzylizzy, I am going to be in Frankfurt for one day in a few weeks, first time in Germany! It's a funny story that involves my OH being there for work on our 25th wedding anniversary. Well, he doesn't get out of it that easily, I'm following him there...
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
I'm still deciding which of my many daft stories about Henry to post here.

But as an aside - bizzylizzy, I am going to be in Frankfurt for one day in a few weeks, first time in Germany! It's a funny story that involves my OH being there for work on our 25th wedding anniversary. Well, he doesn't get out of it that easily, I'm following him there...

How lovely!! Well if you're at a loose end while OH is working, I could come down and meet up for a coffee, if you like!! Let me know...... :D

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
I think my cocker has figured out how currency works. She knows begging at the table will get her nothing with me so she started bringing me gifts when I eat, presumably hoping to exchange them for food. Her offerings are the good stuff too, socks and toys and slippers, all the things she values the most. She is so careful about it too, sometimes I don't even notice her doing it until I stand up and see all the treasures carefully placed at my feet  :005:
Aww how sweet is that?!
It's.me Blue loves to run around with a plant pot too, he wears them over his face like Ned Kelly though, and runs around bashing into things!

Offline EdinburghG

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 09:10:57 PM »
Colby enjoys going for a bounce on the trampoline with my sons , I had to laugh the other day when he chose to go for a shot on his own , I wish you could see the video zoomies on the trampoline is something else[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
 :005: would love to see that!! Colby's beautiful, just love the white markings on his face!! :luv:

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 11:42:08 PM »
EdinburghG you'll have to post the video!!!

Offline FrankieBlue

Funny things your cocker has done
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 03:30:38 AM »
Well my little girl shocked and surprised me today! She has been honing in her hunting skills by practicing on ants. I figured it was relatively harmless (you know cockers, pick your battles wisely) until today.

I noticed she had been chewing on one like it was bubblegum and decided enough was enough. Went to take it out of her mouth, and only half of the ant came with me! She then grabbed that bit and ate it (protein?) The other part, the ants head, was stuck to her lip as it seems the ant had decided to fight back and in retaliation, sunk his chomps into her lip. I grabbed my tweezers to fight the little Tasmanian devil into submission, pull out the ants head... and notice there is something black on the back of her tongue.

Surely enough, another ant who retaliated had bitten her and stuck onto her tongue! Had to pull that one off with tweezers too.

Still not sure whether to laugh or cry... my the things they get up to. Safe to say her ant hunting days are clearly over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk