Author Topic: Season advice  (Read 530 times)

Offline saracens123

Season advice
« on: April 10, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »
Hi, the in laws year old black lab (who Sam stays with when we are at work) May have come into season.Sam will not leave her alone and is crying/whimpering and generally being a pest however she has no discharge or the likes without sounding crude  :shades: is it possible for a bitch to come into season with no signs? Thankfully I am on nights this week and have  following week off so they can be kept apart.this is the first bitch they have had so we are all a little ignorant.could she have a silent season? Could this just be the start? Thanks  :huh:

Offline lescef

Re: Season advice
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:22:56 PM »
I'm not really sure other than when we took our second cocker to the vet for something else, the vet asked if we were going to spay her now she'd had a season. We had no idea that she had, so maybe it is possible.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline ips

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
Split season maybe ?
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:43:40 PM »
Before Jinley was spayed there was a dog that we walked with who the week before she came into season he would show much more interest in her, even though he had been done.

How old is the lab?  Has she had a season yet?  They can have a silent season I believe, but she should be kept away from entire males for about a month from start to finish plus a few days just in case.

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »
It is possible. My girl never had any discharge or blood. She would swell up very slightly down there, but that was it for physical signs. Pretty much the only hints I had that she was in season were behavioural. She would be super slow on walks sniffing everything and weeing on everything. And of course present her bum to a select few gentledogs during the "main days"  :005: But the boys would show interest at least a month before it actually started, so it could just be the beginning...