Author Topic: Sock fetish???  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Buck

Re: Sock fetish???
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 07:22:26 PM »
The zoomies are quite fun tbh, and after about 8 months of it id kinda miss it, still if he stops it so be it.
He seems to prefer women to men by far and at night is especially wary of people but men in particular and if they have a walking stick he won't go near. I have no idea why as he's never been smacked or had a hand raised to him.
In fact when i say "no" in a stern voice he'll sulk for hours and refuse to even come to me.

He loves my wife and when she walks in he goes doolally and whimpers like she's been gone for days and he seems much happier snuggling up to her than me.
Also both her and my son can move about freely and he'll stay where he is, however I'm not allowed to leave the room without him not even to go to the toilet. (He even watches me shower)
It's like he learnt as it's me takes him out that off he loses me for a second he's missed out, we have to trick him but he's wised up to our antic's now.
Also outside, there allowed to go in shops and he's not to bad, if i go in a shop he screams like he's being murdered!
He has loads of toys and will have to have every single one out, i put em away then he gets em all back out?
It's always me being nudged with each and every you to play with him to.

I really wish I'd found this forum months ago!

Lastly (and sorry for waffling) he seems to have either very bad hearing or selective hearing. He can hear a packet opening anywhere in the house but other times is completely oblivious to his name being called.
He really is a terror but doesn't have a nasty bone in his body and is the most friendly loving dog I've ever had, and i was brought up with dogs all my life, however he is my first cocker and I've a lot more to learn it seems. Especially when it comes to socks and go ding em. I'm mystified by how i can search for missing socks and not find them yet wake up with him and the missing sock/s.

Sorry for ranting Rob & Charlie

Offline ips

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »
The zoomies are quite fun tbh, and after about 8 months of it id kinda miss it, still if he stops it so be it.
He seems to prefer women to men by far and at night is especially wary of people but men in particular and if they have a walking stick he won't go near. I have no idea why as he's never been smacked or had a hand raised to him.
In fact when i say "no" in a stern voice he'll sulk for hours and refuse to even come to me.

He loves my wife and when she walks in he goes doolally and whimpers like she's been gone for days and he seems much happier snuggling up to her than me.
Also both her and my son can move about freely and he'll stay where he is, however I'm not allowed to leave the room without him not even to go to the toilet. (He even watches me shower)
It's like he learnt as it's me takes him out that off he loses me for a second he's missed out, we have to trick him but he's wised up to our antic's now.
Also outside, there allowed to go in shops and he's not to bad, if i go in a shop he screams like he's being murdered!
He has loads of toys and will have to have every single one out, i put em away then he gets em all back out?
It's always me being nudged with each and every you to play with him to.

I really wish I'd found this forum months ago!

Lastly (and sorry for waffling) he seems to have either very bad hearing or selective hearing. He can hear a packet opening anywhere in the house but other times is completely oblivious to his name being called.
He really is a terror but doesn't have a nasty bone in his body and is the most friendly loving dog I've ever had, and i was brought up with dogs all my life, however he is my first cocker and I've a lot more to learn it seems. Especially when it comes to socks and go ding em. I'm mystified by how i can search for missing socks and not find them yet wake up with him and the missing sock/s.

Sorry for ranting Rob & Charlie

Seems odd that you say you consider that he likes the wife more than you and yet he follows you everywhere but not the wife. ??
I am no expert far from it but could it be that he is very close to you and knows the feeling is mutual but he is still working on his relationship with your wife hence the "attempt" to get her onboard by the snuggles etc. He doesn't need to do this with you as your relationship is already sorted. !!!
Could be talking nonsense but that's my two peneth.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Buck

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
It maybe as you say, i get stalked but no affection, sometimes I'll sit stroking him and he'll move away from me yet he'll snuggle up to her.like a baby and stay put.
I think he only wants me cause he gets his needs met, such as food/water and walks but it's her he loves and would prefer to do everything with. I'm his 2nd choice it seems. Not that it matters tbh i think his antics are funny and we all love him anyway, it's just strange that he has different rules for each of us.  :005:

Offline ips

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
Its not disimilar to us. In the morning she ignores me goes straight to Lynn. After breakfast she sits on sofa at side of me and ignores Lynn on the other sofa and wil happily stay there all morning. In the evening she sits between us. If either of us gets up she follows. I think its all learned behaviour / habit and very much a context thing. I wouldn't regard your situation as preference to either of you.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline AlanT

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 09:15:56 PM »
My wife has the kind of hair-cut that resembles a Spaniels ears.  She's tiny and smells right.  What's not to love?

Spaniels seem quite nervous and mine will do the sulking trick if given a "talking to".  I learned very early to  reward and ignore.  Being ignored is quite enough punishment.

It's the sensitive cleverness that makes these so interesting.

Offline Buck

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »
Just coming back on topic and you wouldn't believe what he found at the park today!

How can someone lose 1 sock??

What were the chances it'd be Charlie that found it?

Typical lol.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 08:54:16 PM »
 :005:  obviously another cocker in the vicinity!!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 06:16:29 AM »
 :005: :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »
Love it too....nice one Charlie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Buck

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 12:21:58 AM »
I must admit it did make me chuckle, his nose seems to work overtime and he snuffles (sniffs) everything, and has to stick his face into every nook n cranny we pass.
Last week he stuck his face in a hedge and came out with KFC which I immediately made him drop. (he'd found a drumstick in the KFC box)
But again it made me smile because when he found it he was walking with his tail up and kinda trotting as he was pleased with himself.

Last night i was talking to someone outside Lidle and Charlie was sniffing the flowers, the next time i looked down he'd bitten the heads off all the flowers so we both had to make a hasty getaway!
The only time he's not sniffing or getting us in trouble is when he's asleep!
If there's anyone in the North West that wants to come on a dog walk anywhere I'd be happy to join em then they can see what he's like, of course I'll pay for anything he chews up lol.
We may find buried treasure

Rob. 

Offline Dzr

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »
Here is Loubeelou all proud with her sock haul. She managed to sneak upstairs four times and bring down fours pairs or my socks in the time it took me to make a cup of coffee!
http://s346.photobucket.com/user/Dzr74/media/IMG_5576_zps8ljom2ur.jpg.html

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:46 PM »
Aww bless that little sad face!  :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »
What mean hooman put my socks THERE?  >:D
 :005: :005:

Offline Buck

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »
Bet she thinking hows me gonna get my treasure back from the middle of that table without being noticed.
Charlies started bringing my socks onto my bed and digging at the quilt in an attempt to bury em. He makes lil whimpering sounds as he goes like he's genuinely afraid if he don't hide em he'll lose em.
I woke up to find a sweaty damp chewed sock under my pillow the other morning!
Bet i smell lovely!  :embarassed:

Offline rubybella

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2017, 08:43:35 AM »
Yes, my wcs had a sock fetish as a pup, which I found funny, until she had to have one surgically removed from her insides and I was aware of the damage it can do. As well as carrying them around my girl seemed to like chewing them, it was then that she swallowed them. From then on socks were put well out of reach and swapped for soft toys that could not be consumed. Please be aware of the potential dangers of sock eating!