Author Topic: Ozzie 9 year old Black Cocker Spaniel  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Amyjo

• Oldies Club
Ozzie 9 year old Black Cocker Spaniel
« on: April 26, 2017, 02:59:56 PM »

Ozzie is a blithe and bouncy Cocker Spaniel boy of 9 years, in the care of Oldies Club rescue. He’s lapping up lots of attention from his foster family in Waterlooville, Hampshire while he waits for his forever family to find him.

Ozzie has been brilliant with all the other dogs he’s met on walks but it’s unknown if he’d be happy to share his home with one. As he’s such a light-hearted boy and has never been aggressive with another dog since being in foster, it seems quite likely he’d be fine with a doggy sibling as long as introductions go well.

His previous owner said Ozzie doesn’t like cats and with a Cocker Spaniel’s natural love of chasing things, it’s safe to assume they wouldn’t like him much either!

Great with kids: Ozzie is living with a 6 and 10 year old and has had several visiting children, one only 2 years old. He seems to be brilliant with all children. As long as there’s a grown-up around to adjudicate, Ozzie sees all attention as jolly good larks and lovely fuss. His two favourite things!

Ozzie’s favourite pastimes: Playing with his ball, running around in the garden, playing with children, going for walks (especially snuffly, woodland walks!), snoozing contentedly and all forms of fuss – cuddles, belly tickles – it’s all bliss for Ozzie!

Ozzie’s dislikes: Apart from cats, Ozzie loves life and everything about it!

Ozzie’s ideal home: As long as there’s lots of love and fun on offer, Ozzie would suit almost any home. He really enjoys playing, especially with children. Lovely walks are important for expressing his effervescence, but otherwise fuss and jollity are the only essentials. Oh, and a garden to bounce around in!

Health notes: Ozzie is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and worm/flea treated. His previous owner occasionally gave him arthritis treatment but his foster carers haven’t found the need to.

http://www.oldies.org.uk/2017/upbeat-ozzie-oldies-club-fostered-hampshire

Admin, Events & Deputy Transport Coordinator
Oldies Club http://www.oldies.org.uk

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

Re: Ozzie 9 year old Black Cocker Spaniel
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 03:47:24 PM »
We want him, we want him, we want him!

Sadly a little too far to travel to collect him,  and our cats would be a problem too.

We can't imagine such a lovely boy not getting snapped up quickly.

Good luck Ozzie!

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 04:03:10 PM »
He sounds utterly adorable. I think (hope) that Henry will be very similar at that age. Snuffles, cuddles and bombing around the garden are already high on his daily to-do list. When we are out for walks I sometimes have to backtrack to find Henry, who will be leaning against a total stranger having his ears fussed or his nose kissed.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »
What a lovely boy! Too far for us too unfortunately but keeping fingers crossed he'll find a loving home. Isn't it sad seeing them in this position at that age (or any age), I couldn't bear the thought of Humphrey having to look for another home......  :016:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
As there is currently a flood of applications for this boy I will close for now
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!