Author Topic: Raw fed  (Read 1504 times)

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Raw fed
« on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:11 AM »
Hello all, its bern a while :D,  We are going to a wedding in Serbia next weekend and Selby is going into kennels, Kennels here are few and far between and not like the Uk ones.  Selby is raw fed but the kennels dont have a freezer so have to think of an alternative for 6 days, has anyone any suggestions, I have bought a couple of tins to try him on, these are called wilderness and are 5 euro a tin and seem to be the best I can find, cant read the labels !!! But for all those that speak and read french you may understand, you shoukd be able to find them on the net..  Any suggestions please. Thanks Lynn

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Re: Raw fed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 10:24:26 AM »
Maybe they sell orijen or acana somewhere. Allthough they are kibble, they are grain free so could be a good alternative. Personally I use food from the vets, but I'm guessing you prefer something closer to a raw diet since that is what you use :) Unless Selby has any allergies it really doesn't matter what you feed for those 6 days. It's far to short a time to have any consequenses  ;)

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
Maybe they sell orijen or acana somewhere. Allthough they are kibble, they are grain free so could be a good alternative. Personally I use food from the vets, but I'm guessing you prefer something closer to a raw diet since that is what you use :) Unless Selby has any allergies it really doesn't matter what you feed for those 6 days. It's far to short a time to have any consequenses  ;)

Thank you for your reply,  :D :D i have tried him on kibble and  he just walks away from it and it cost a fortune >:D he is so fussy, I bought some chicken wings from the hal hal butcher really cheap, he wouldnt even entertain them!! So strange. I know he will be ok its only 6 days but still want to do the best for him :luv:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »
Hahaha at least he knows what he wants, I love it!  :luv: And they do deserve the best at all times, you are so right!

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 11:34:35 AM »
Have you tried any of the cold pressed food? Reese is raw fed but I use one called guru when we are away,  he is also fed a small amount of his allowance a day on this as treats. He loves it! My mums chihuahua is fed this daily and it's the only thing she will eat for more than a few days. The one I use does have grain in but they do have grain free version

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »
We have Wilderness here in Germany and its supposed to be every good, no additives etc apparantly. If you can tell me which one you have, I can check the ingredients for you on the German website if you like. If he's happy eating it, then it sounds like a good alternative for a couple of days.

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
We have Wilderness here in Germany and its supposed to be every good, no additives etc apparantly. If you can tell me which one you have, I can check the ingredients for you on the German website if you like. If he's happy eating it, then it sounds like a good alternative for a couple of days.

Great thank you very much, i have open water, and pure beef, they do praire, and turkey and tripe. They dont write it in english....I thought because it was that price it must be good, its more expensive than his raw meat !! I just get that from the local butcher and make it up myself.. It does say 95% so fingers crossed... ;) thank you again..

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 03:39:25 PM »

Great thank you very much, i have open water, and pure beef, they do praire, and turkey and tripe. They dont write it in english....I thought because it was that price it must be good, its more expensive than his raw meat !! I just get that from the local butcher and make it up myself.. It does say 95% so fingers crossed... ;) thank you again..

OK - don't see Open Water but they do Fresh Water which is: 25% Herring (filet), 25% Duck (heart & liver), 25% Stock - (duck/fish), 20% Salmon, 2% Blueberries, and then small amounts of sea buckthorn, minerals, salmon oil, fenugreek, parsley root, spirulina, dock.
Pure Beef :68% Beef (heart, lungs, liver, meat), 27% Beef stock, 3,2% Cranberries, and then small amounts of minerals, linseed oil, dandilion, yarrow, nettles and hawthorn.
Prairie : 50% Beef (heart, muscle, lung, liver), 25% Stock (beef and kangaroo), 20% Kangaroo (heart, liver, lung), 3.2% Apricots, small amounts of minerals, salmon oil, dandilion, yarrow, nettles, hawthorn.
Turkey:  70% Turkey (heart, liver, meat, neck, stomach), 25% turkey stock, 1,7% sweet potatoe, 1,5% pumpkin, then small amounts of minerals, salmon oil, dandilion, yarrow, nettles, hawthorn leaves.
I couldn't find anything with tripe, maybe they just don't do it here,  but they do claim that all the menus are free of cereals and additives, so they look pretty good. Hope that's helped!

Enjoy your trip!!  ;)

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
Wow, thank you so much, It sounds really good, I can understand why its so expensve now !! But well worth it knowing he is going to be well fed.  I cant thank you enough for puting my mind at rest..
lynn x

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 06:13:05 PM »
Wow, thank you so much, It sounds really good, I can understand why its so expensve now !! But well worth it knowing he is going to be well fed.  I cant thank you enough for puting my mind at rest..
lynn x

You're welcome  ;)