Author Topic: Pet Cocker Short Show Trim Pics Please  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Charliechoo

Pet Cocker Short Show Trim Pics Please
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »
 Hello

Has anyone got any pics of a show cocker pet trim/clip please, so I can show a groomer how I would like my boy to be cut.  I'm having a mare trying to explain it.

Also if anyone can recommend a good groomer in North West England, that would be great :shades:

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
Re: Pet Cocker Short Show Trim Pics Please
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:25:03 PM »
I'll try to get a picture of Henry for you later. Basically what I ask for is clip on the body (I have the skirt off as well as it gets terrible tats in it). Then ears, chest, top knot and feathers trimmed with scissors - I go every 6 weeks or so and get half the length of those every time.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
I am not sure if this is what you mean. I never wanted to clip Reese, i wanted to hand strip him but to be honest he never really developed the lovely silky coat, he was more of a fluff monster! So after discussing with the groomer we decided on this short show pet clip. He goes every 8 weeks, he has his skirt, chest, ears, legs and tail just trimmed and his head and body clipped. This pic was just a few days after he was clipped, I like it a couple of weeks after as its longer, but he is ready for a cut again by the 8th week.

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
Hi
Yes thank you, that's the kind of cut I meant, at the moment, Charlie's legs just aren't right and they are so thick and fluffy!

I'll try to upload picture x

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »
I am not sure how old Charlie is but it could still be his puppy fluff, I didn't do anything until Reese adult coat came through ( then decide he was too fluffy!) as I understand you could ruin his adult coat if you clip off the puppy fluff.
X

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
I am not sure how old Charlie is but it could still be his puppy fluff, I didn't do anything until Reese adult coat came through ( then decide he was too fluffy!) as I understand you could ruin his adult coat if you clip off the puppy fluff.
X

Hi

He's 2 next month and has been hand stripped mostly, but had issues with that due to his thick coat, so I had him clipped (only twice) and that hast really helped matters either  :005:

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 06:18:56 PM »
Unfortunately Bea is sound asleep after her walk today so I cannot get any recent photo's,
These are some old photo's where she has a slightly longer trim.
Hope they help,

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 06:33:05 PM »

Here's a pic of his legs to give you an idea, excuse his head, I've just tried to thin it out as he was looking like Donald Trump!

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »
Bea is beautiful  :luv:

I am aiming for a shorter cut with Charlie as he's a mud magnet and gets tangled up so easily  >:(

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
Here's Henry today - it's about 4 weeks since he was groomed so he's a bit shaggy around the legs and feet.

z

Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »
He is gorgeous! Yes he does have fluffy legs!  I use a coat king to thin his legs in between trims as he gets too thick at the top of his legs, but I am by no means a groomer and not sure if its the right thing to do.  :D

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »
He is gorgeous! Yes he does have fluffy legs!  I use a coat king to thin his legs in between trims as he gets too thick at the top of his legs, but I am by no means a groomer and not sure if its the right thing to do.  :D

I got myself a dvd, a coat king, a couple of pairs of scissors and a pair of effilier scissors. On the DVD they tell you to thin the hair on the legs with effilier scissors, you cut into the hair ,rather than across, a bit hard to describe, but the scissors are at 90 degree angle to the leg, if that make sense?  The groomer just chopped into the hair and then combed it through,  which thins it rather than shortens it. I have had a go and it does look better but I don't know if a proper groomer would agree. !

Offline lescef

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
Whereabouts in NW are you? There's a spaniel groomer just outside Chester
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 11:23:46 PM »
Whereabouts in NW are you? There's a spaniel groomer just outside Chester

I know who you mean, about 50 mins from me, couldn't really justify the time/petrol costs involved for that, think OH would divorce m  :005:

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »
There is a very good groomer in Telford if that's closer to you.  It may be worth speaking to your breeder for recommendations.

I have always had Pearl hand stripped then scissored to reduce bulk in the coat.  She is currently clipped but that's only because she rolled in something truly disgusting and picked up brambles, twigs and thorns on our walk on Sunday  >:D by the time we got home she was matted and smelt evil! She's had diawotsits since so I'm relieved she's shorter than usual.  I'm lucky though, although she's been clipped (by myself) her coat will be unaffected and once long enough will be scissored again.

For a short coat here's what I ask for:
Handstrip do not clip
Short back
Show head (no top knot) leave her whiskers
Short feathers c 1"
Leave her tail - every second groom it's shaped but never been cut short!
Trim ears but leave the length
False apron (tummy clipped short but feathers left to look like a full skirt)
Short chest
Poodle feet!