Author Topic: Puppy Update  (Read 757 times)

Offline LilyPup

Puppy Update
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »
Lily's coming up to 6 months old now and I can't believe how fast she's grown :o she looks like a proper little dog now - not the squishy black blob we brought home in February :luv:

She's quickly becoming the love of my life. Her enthusiasm and lust for life is infectious, she makes me smile and laugh constantly. She's better behaved every day, and even her naughty habits (stealing socks, stealing plastic things from the recycling) end up making me laugh. She loves people SO MUCH, and greets everyone who walks past us as an old friend. Dogs are loved just as much. She's just a bundle of love and joy, with a wagging tail.

Toilet training is going okay... she knows to go outside most of the time, but we probably have a few accidents a week. Is this normal for her age?

All in all - she makes me tear my hair out less and less each week, and is becoming a loving, cuddly, silly, happy, mischievous little dog who is loved by everyone who meets her. I can't imagine my life without my funny little friend now :luv:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Puppy Update
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:22:06 PM »
Oh what a lovely update! Its always encouraging for those still at the sleepless night stage, to know that there's light a bit further along the tunnel!!
Humphrey (now 2 ) still empties the paper bins and sits waiting for things to get thrown in, so he can retrieve and shred and I've collected 5 socks from the garden this morning but that's what makes him, him!!
I can't remember exactly when Humphrey accidents stopped, he was pretty good on the whole but then our household is very quiet, I think young dogs can sometimes have accidents if they get excited, maybe just give her a few more opprtunities to go outside rather than just waiting for her to tell you, - could be you've missed her signal occasionally and they're a bit like children,(or some of us over 60's  :005:) they get distracted and then when they do need to go, they need to go right NOW!  :005:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »
aw that is lovely :D
and you know what....with everyday
that passes you will love your Lily :luv:
more and more!

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:12:49 PM »
We need pics  ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:24:50 PM »
Lovely update, so pleased that Lily is turning out to be the loyal friend you hoped for.  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »
Thanks for the Pup-date.  :shades:
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline TheAdventuresofBarnaby

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »
Thank you for sharing this.  Lily is adorable,  and I think will become ever-more-so each and every day.

Our boy Barnaby is just a few weeks older than Lily,  and your update made me reflect on the changes here too.  I'll post pics on a separate thread when I get a moment.

Re accidents:  We're pretty much in the clear now.  He makes it through the night perfectly well,  and actually waits for me to get up before his toilet count-down clock is activated..... then its down to me to get him out into the garden promptly.   If I delay or get distracted,  accidents can still sometimes happen  http://cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

As I write this,  our boy's laying fast asleep at my feet with an angelic expression on his little brown face........even though he's chief suspect in the case of the missing shell of a computer mouse that I was repairing earlier!!!  I'm pretty certain that it'll be found in a chewed and barely unrecognisable state one of his favourite stash locations in the garden...... and he'll have the look on his face as if to say "no, non  it wasn't me.... it mist have been one of those horrible pussycats!"

Happy half year wishes to you both!

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 09:49:04 PM »
Lovely post, and it brings back happy memories.  :luv: