Author Topic: nearly three  (Read 582 times)

Offline ips

nearly three
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
Eze will be three on the first of July.

As a pup she would demand attention constantly wanting to play with her ball. As a juvenile (2) she would constantly want to be outside either training playing or working. But over the last four months or so she is considerably less demanding in fact she is happy to go out for a comfort break at 8am have some breakfast and sleep or mooch about the house all morning. Afternoons she will generally have a run about in the field then another run about and or training session early evening then sleep on sofa from 7-30pm until bedtime at 10pm.

I find the change quite dramatic and am interested in other peoples experience of when and how there dogs have changed with age.  ??
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: nearly three
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 12:28:53 PM »
Humphrey's just turned two and is already quite happy with whatever we offer, - if we're out doing something he's alongside "helping" and he enjoys a game with a rugby ball after dinner in the evening, he'll play all day if we encourage him to but he rarely pesters us either for walks or attention although he tells us when its dinnertime  ;) but if we're having a lazy lounging on the couch day, he doesn't complain. We are retired though and the house is pretty quiet most of the time so I guess he's just grown up not expecting entertainment 24\7, I do think they adapt to the environment and the general routine.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:03:01 PM »
I'm still waiting and Teal will be 5 on the 3rd of July. only joking. This last year she has settled and will doze a lot of the day away if nothing is happening, 7pm until 8pm we still get the old Teal, cushion humping, the odd zoomies, balls thrown, every thing not up high is retrieved, and tuggy is also presented for a game of tug.  I know why we get this, as a pup this would be the time I played with her after work and she has never forgot, I hope she never forgets as I still like to see the old or should I say young Teal popping out if even for an hour or so.

I have also noticed that I rarely use the whistle on our walks she is so easy to walk (off lead) and hunt now but she also occasionally will take advantage of my relaxed attitude but the whistle does still work if required.
After our evening walk / hunt she will run to the open space at the warren this is training time I get to give her commands which she will happily follow as long as there are retrieves to be done.

Teal is still qwerky and contrary but generally a very easy dog to live with

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »
Pepper is now 8 but I remember quite clearly that when he got to 3 his behaviour changed and he calmed down quite a bit, almost overnight.

He's still a crazy cocker but a more subdued version.  :005:  :005: