Author Topic: Grass seeds!  (Read 2439 times)

Offline ips

Re: Grass seeds!
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »
Ha, 👍
Kettles on.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 01:43:25 PM »
Just been looking at pictures of the foxtail grasses. I don't think I have seen that sort of grass up on the Pennines. Now I know what it looks like, I shall certainly keep a watch for it.

Offline ips

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
I don't know much about these things but have heard mention from an old shooter near me that "black grass" is the worst, whatever that is. I don't take her on our usual route across barley field at this time of year but a woman that lives close ish to us told Lynn yesterday that there show cocker pup had to be sedated last week to remove a grass seed from its ear. I don't know for sure but I suspect she had been across the field.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »
Grace has her cardiology appointment tomorrow and as at 7pm this evening had to be lightly sedated to remove a grass seed!!  I am so upset as I left the house with just my keys - it was raining and the ground was wet but somehow one got in her ear - she let me know straight away and I had to ask complete strangers to call my vet so they would wait for us - the third person I asked made the call and then we had to run to the vet - I was carrying her as much as I could but running while carrying a 9.2kg cocker wiped me out - I am so not fit!!! Poor Grace had to run some of the way with her head cocked to the side - thankfully the grass seed is now out, but my poor girl is sedated and has a long day tomorrow at the RVC :(:(:(
I will never leave the house without my phone again - or some money for a cab!!
And I want one of those snoods that Wendall posted about - going to google to find a supplier now!

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 09:15:19 PM »
Poor Grace!

Henry was at the vet yesterday - squeaking every time I touched his ear. Infected and full of wax, so the vet couldn't see if there is a grass seed in there or not. Ear cleaned and drops in, they'll check again in a week's time to see if he's any better. Poor lad feeling sorry for himself today.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
O'h heavens, poor Grace and poor Henry!!
Sounds like they're all in the wars this week, Humphrey's off to the vet tomorrow, won't eat or drink has slept the whole day and I'm starting to worry now. 😒
Hope Grace's appointment goes well tomorrow and that Henry's feeling better -its just so awful when they're poorly!

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »
O dear, best wishes to all the poorly cockers. Hope all your mums have got plenty of wine I til you are all home and better  :bigarmhug:

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
Gentle cuddles to all the poorly pups and a big one of these 🍷 for their nurses!

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2017, 11:02:50 PM »
Grace has her cardiology appointment tomorrow and as at 7pm this evening had to be lightly sedated to remove a grass seed!!  I am so upset as I left the house with just my keys - it was raining and the ground was wet but somehow one got in her ear - she let me know straight away and I had to ask complete strangers to call my vet so they would wait for us - the third person I asked made the call and then we had to run to the vet - I was carrying her as much as I could but running while carrying a 9.2kg cocker wiped me out - I am so not fit!!! Poor Grace had to run some of the way with her head cocked to the side - thankfully the grass seed is now out, but my poor girl is sedated and has a long day tomorrow at the RVC :(:(:(
I will never leave the house without my phone again - or some money for a cab!!
And I want one of those snoods that Wendall posted about - going to google to find a supplier now!

Here's where I got mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dogs-Ear-Protectors-Mutts-Ear-Mitts-Cocker-Springer-Spaniel-Ear-Covers-for-Dog/322582065755?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160608105753%26meid%3Dc071b266ecc14cf7bec44eca8eb7a10f%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D322545875187
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 06:29:05 AM »
Thank you Wendall - Mutt Mitts have now been ordered :)

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »
Dog snoods.www.smartsnoods.co.uk . Also on e-bay.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 04:11:42 PM »
Mutt Mitts support Spaniel Aid, which is nice.