Author Topic: Winter Coat?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Winter Coat?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 12:30:31 PM »
We have a hurtta slush suit. It's really thin (keeps him warm enough) and dry - it's fully waterproof!

Equafleece for after swimming or getting caught out in the rain though :)

Zooplus also do a all in one coat (it's got a bit of a fleece lining) http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/waterproof. I'm not so keen on it, but loads of people love them (I just prefer the others)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
We have a hurtta slush suit. It's really thin (keeps him warm enough) and dry - it's fully waterproof!

Equafleece for after swimming or getting caught out in the rain though :)

Zooplus also do a all in one coat (it's got a bit of a fleece lining) http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/waterproof. I'm not so keen on it, but loads of people love them (I just prefer the others)

I've now got an Equafleece polo neck coat - the one that clips under the tummy rather than the pull on jumper type.  I've also ordered a Hurrta coat for when its raining or snowing but the sizing is difficult to gauge - I've ordered a size 40 which is the correct back length but would seem to be way too big for her neck and chest - either my girl is a very odd shape or Hurrta have based the measurements on some very odd shaped dogs?  Hopefully, it will fit or at least give me an idea of what size to try next - sadly no one stocks them locally for her to go and try them on. 

Offline Darwin

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »
Darwin has been wearing his in the rain of the last couple of days.

They recommend the polo neck for Darwin as it woukd be easier to get on him. And it was easy to get on him quickly . They even specially made one up in bright orange as they didn't have any ready. Darwin wears his over his harness. I simply cut a little hole in the fleece for his lead and it hasn't frayed.