Author Topic: Puppy with a blue eye  (Read 551 times)

Offline Sam Wilson

Puppy with a blue eye
« on: August 07, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
Hi, I really need some advice. I've contacted a breeder who has a litter of blue roan puppies. She's told me that the one she has left has a blue eye, is this a problem? Could it indicate other health issues or other problems? Would really appreciate any advice you can give.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Puppy with a blue eye
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 10:27:02 AM »
I believe it is a lack of pigment in the eye and due to genes, difficult to say if it would cause eye problems in the future - but there is a chance of it and this is why the breeder has told you - but am sure someone will reply soon with more info.

If you just want the puppy for showing or breeding then it would not be seen as suitable, but for a family pet it would be fine, if you are interesting in the puppy why not just phone your local vet and ask for their advice.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Sam Wilson

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply. After posting this I did ring my vet who said that he'll be fine, blue eyes in a Cocker isn't linked to other problems. He won't be shown or bred from.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »
I used to have a springer with two blue eyes. He was a complete nut job of a dog!!  :shades: :luv: but I'm pretty sure that wasn't anything to do with his eye colour. The only thing we noticed was that he seemed to have difficulty seeing in bright light but his eyesight was fine in normal conditions. No health issues.