Author Topic: Sore lips still.....  (Read 2152 times)

Offline pam1

• Donator
Re: Sore lips still.....
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 05:24:25 PM »
I wipe Poppy's mouth with baby wipes and then smear on organic raw coconut oil on a couple of times a day.  This does seem to help and might be worth a try.
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »
Where might I get stomodine?

It is sold at vet offices or at pet pharmacies where I'm from. But I have no idea if it is going to be strong enough for a lip fold infection.

I remember when I treated my girl that she had a pretty nasty raw sore that produced pus. She was very painful so treating it was difficult, especially with the creams. The shampoo did not seem as bad, at least for her. I'm thinking that treatment, though painful, can save them discomfort later. So I just did it and rewarded her with treats and playtime after each treatment to make her forget.

Hope something works soon, sounds like you and your dogs have had more than your share this year :-\

I am currently using dentasept for Lady - for her mouth and lipfolds (its a similar composition to the stomodine as the main constituent is actually what's in hibiscrub but it sticks to the area - a bit like pritstick does in fact LOL)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 10:08:58 PM »
Hi
If not been on the forum for a while but clicked on tonight and saw your post.
My Lola had lip fold infection that the vet said was the particularly resistant type.
She hates me touching her mouth at the best of times but the vet told me to wipe her mouth with a mixture of silver cream and saline.
After two or three prescriptions and not really any difference I tried Apple cider vinegar.
Firstly in the drinking water but that didn't go too well,  I then started to add a teaspoon in to her food each morning and the result has been amazing.
I would definitely try it xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011