Author Topic: Which dog toothpaste?  (Read 619 times)

Offline Dragon trainer

Which dog toothpaste?
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:59:05 PM »
Wondered what toothpaste people use for their dogs. They all seem to proclaim brilliant results but some are very expensive. Vet said I needed to clean my dogs teeth daily, easier said than done!

Offline lescef

Re: Which dog toothpaste?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
I use Enzymatic toothpaste by Virbac. Many years ago the vet sold it to me and I've carried on using it. However,  now I buy it from Amazon which I'm fairly sure works out cheaper
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:34 AM »
I use the Lintbells finger glove with water first and then follow that up with the Virbac toothpaste.

Offline Dragon trainer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
Thank you both for your replies. Virbac had good reviews on a site I found but as it referred to Amazon was a little sceptical whether genuine. I have bought a lintbells finger guard and it does seem easier to use than a toothbrush.

Offline Theo961

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 08:44:02 AM »
I use the virbac one as well, it's the only one I have found that Reese likes and will happily come for his teeth to be brushed.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:22:42 AM »
Thank you both for your replies. Virbac had good reviews on a site I found but as it referred to Amazon was a little sceptical whether genuine. I have bought a lintbells finger guard and it does seem easier to use than a toothbrush.

The Lintbells finger glove is supposed to work very well, I've been using it for a while now as Grace is very anti having a toothbrush in her mouth now.  I always buy the Virbac toothpaste from my vet - if I was buying online I would opt for a site that could be trusted.  I'm not saying that Amazon can't be trusted, but like you I'm sceptical with some of their products now as there are far too many third party sellers that it has become a little like eBay and that is flooded with fakes.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »
Another fan of the Virbac.......have used the Lintbells but not great..............much better are Bogar AG Bogadent Anti-Plaque micro fibre finger guards.........last for ages and I put a small amount paste on it as it would be a two man job using the brush on Ollie.

I always wash it with antibacterial hand wash and then place in hot water.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed