Author Topic: Seasonal Canine Illness  (Read 687 times)

Offline Ambler54

Seasonal Canine Illness
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »
While looking for place to go on holiday and thinking of Norfolk a warning came up re Sandringham Estate advising that you dont take dogs there during the autumn because of a seasonal sickness illness that is around.A friend is currently on holiday just outsde York on the edge of a forest with Her two dogs.The Beagle has been at the vets the last two days being treated for vomitting and diarrhoea , the seasonal sickness illness.They have just been allowed to pick Him up.If you go on the Woodland Trust org. Site there is an article all about it.Its a minefield out there for us dog owners.....

Offline lescef

Re: Woodland Trust
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »
Thank you for that. I'll certainly have a look. We're off to Norfolk in two weeks!  >:D
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
Plus there is a warning for folk returning with dogs for Europe from a worm that is transmitted from fruit flies, it attacks dogs eyes and if left will cause blindness.  Warning all owners to be aware of conjuctivitis type problems.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Seasonal Canine Illness
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 07:37:17 PM »
Ambler54 I've changed the title of this thread to make it clearer as to what it's about. Hope you don't mind. I've also posted a link to the information on the Woodland Trust website.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
Used to live in South Lincs and Sandringham Park was one of our regular walking  areas. We have walked all over the park at all times of the year and never had any bother and can not remember any actual instances. Yes there "used" to be warning notices but they disappeared over time. It is a beautiful area, lovely cafe, restaurant, loos, shops and plenty of outside seating for us dog owners  :016:.
Just remember if you bump into the queen, tip your hat  ;)

Also in the same area is Snettisham Beach, Old Hunstantan, Holkam, Sheringham and Wells by the sea. All doggy friendly
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Hi Min,
Did all that area pre dog,loved it.Ended up in Yorkshire so We could combine with a familt visit.Hoping to do the Broads area in the near future.The warning about Sandringham came up on a current search and I had forgotten all about it until a friends dog caught it in Yorkshire.We have the dreaded Portugese Man of War jelly fish down here, couple of dogs have been stung , the tentacles stay live even if the thing looks dead, been advised to carry Piriton just in case.At leadt you can see them on the beach.