Author Topic: Has she been in season?  (Read 980 times)

Offline smiler_sll

Has she been in season?
« on: October 19, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »
Hi all,

This may sound ridiculous but I'm not sure whether our 10 month old cocker bitch has just been in season/is in season. Probably far too much information....... but around 2 weeks ago I noticed a marked change in her teats/nipples. Previously they were hardly noticeable and now they are markedly harder and very obvious when you stroke her torso. She was always a one wee per walk kind of a girl and now stops multiple times to have a small wee which I assume is her scenting the ground for the local dogs! Her lady parts have become enlarged - previously not noticeable and now very noticeable and she has been licking herself very regularly. I've also noticed in the last week that she has a strange odour about her - not offensive but different. She has also become even more affectionate than normal (almost difficult to believe she could love us any more than she did). However I have not noticed any bleeding and so I wonder whether this is just because she has been meticulous about keeping herself clean or whether this isn't actually a season.

Any advice? It seems odd that I haven't seen any blood but perhaps this does happen?

Many thanks

Offline ips

Re: Has she been in season?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »
Certainly sounds like a season.
I am no expert on such matters however the first sign with my bitch is the discharge
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline lescef

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:15:03 PM »
I think it is quite possible.  Our second cocker must have done something similar as when she went to the vet for something else, she said she'd had a season  as she could tell by examining her. We had  never noticed!
Not  sure if they call it a silent season.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline feelreid

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
We only seen blood in the morning on her blanket after she'd been lying in the same position for a good long while and even then it was only a spot or two.  They seem to keep themselves really clean [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Offline feelreid

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
Meant to say all other signs you mention seem spot on and coincidentally ours was 10 months when got her first too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 06:34:33 PM »
sounds to me she is starting her season. Keep an eye on the blood spots when they come because she will still need to be kept away from male dogs for at least 10 days after last show
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline smiler_sll

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »
Thanks everyone - sounds as though she is probably in season then and our puppy is perhaps no longer a puppy!  :'(

Offline Sadielou

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »
This sounds just like our cockers first season, I was the same as you wondering if she'd actually had one or not. No blood, even on her bedding, wiped her with tissue several times to check but nothing. The behaviour more than anything gave it away - quite the hussy with any male dog we met! And they reacted to her differently as well, even the neutered ones. She was 10months also and is now nearly 14 months and nothing since, so 99% sure she had a season

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 03:26:03 PM »
Thanks everyone - sounds as though she is probably in season then and our puppy is perhaps no longer a puppy!  :'(

She will always be your Puppy :D

I have a 5 year old who I often call Pup and she doesn't seem to mind  :005: