Author Topic: Skinners Rough and Ready  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Deblk

Skinners Rough and Ready
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »
Hiya, do any of you feed your fur babies on this? At the moment mine is on Skinners maintenance plus and doing ok on it but feel that he never feels full and is always starving. I know Cockers will eat for England but he will look for anything to eat all the time and I just don't think that is right. I was wondering if by giving him rough and ready will make him feel more satisfied? TIA
Catch you later :)

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
Re: Skinners Rough and Ready
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »
I don't think a greedy Cocker can ever be satisfied! 

My partner thought Grace was ultra greedy because I didn't feed her enough - about two years ago he kept feeding her despite how upset I got when she quickly gained 3lbs!  Eventually, he agreed that Grace was just ultra greedy and stopped stuffing her full of food!  She has good quality food but is constantly looking for more - her weight is steady at 9.4kg so I know she is getting enough. 

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »
Bea was weaned onto Skinners by her Breader, she was on Field & Triel then as she started to get fussy I put her on Ruff and Ready, she did ok on Skinners but as you can see from the below link it doesn't rate very highly.

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory

It can be difficult to find the right food and can take a while to get it right,  it's worth taking a look at different foods as some might keep him fuller for longer with most offering tester packs.

Sharon.

Offline Deblk

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »
Thank you guys, it just upsets me to think he is always hungry. I don't think buying the most expense is necessarily the best but would not buy the cheapest. I was thinking that because he would eat the rough and ready a but slower would possibly make him feel fuller as it is bulky as well. As you say, whatever I feed him on will always want more, bless him not.

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:42:38 AM »
It may not be that he is hungry at all - Grace will be on the look out for a food source even while eating her own dinner - if I go to eat anything while she is eating she scoffs her food even quicker in a panic to get to me to see what I have!!  Grace has Butternutbox which scores 5/5 on the dog food site - but she will still Hoover the pavements on a walk - nothing satisfies her, she just loves food :)

Offline Deblk

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 12:57:57 PM »
It may not be that he is hungry at all - Grace will be on the look out for a food source even while eating her own dinner - if I go to eat anything while she is eating she scoffs her food even quicker in a panic to get to me to see what I have!!  Grace has Butternutbox which scores 5/5 on the dog food site - but she will still Hoover the pavements on a walk - nothing satisfies her, she just loves food :)
That's good to know so my boy is no different just plain greedy :)