Author Topic: Reggie Cat  (Read 1455 times)

jools

Reggie Cat
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »
It was with a heavy heart that I finally decided that the time was right to let Reggie, my 18 year old tabby lad go to the bridge.

We have been together for almost half my life. He's been there for me through a relationship break up, a marriage, the birth of my daughter, a divorce, a house move, a second marriage and the birth of my son.

I loved him so much - and he loved me.

I am keeping myself together today by reminding myself that I did the best thing for him. I am also thinking back to my favourite Reggie moment. In his day, he was a very good hunter (or very bad if you were a small furry or feathered creature) . He wore a collar with a bell on in an attempt to warn that he was approaching. The bell did not stop the bringing back various dead and half dead gifts.

I bought a Budgie's bell and attached it to Reggie's collar. He could now be heard from miles away....but he still managed to kill stuff.

One day I looked out my window and saw Reg tip toe along the fence. His chin was tucked into his chest so as the bell would not ring. He was a sly old guy!

Run free at the bridge my darling Reggie. Mummy loves you.