Author Topic: registration  (Read 2447 times)

Offline gracie

• Site Member
registration
« on: February 16, 2003, 08:27:23 PM »
I purchased a cocker spaniel for the first time, i was given full pedigree papers but no kc registration, when i was told later that i should of had kc papers, i called the reputable breeder and was told that her mother had two litters in a year so kc would not register them. I was also told that this would not effect the selling of her future puppies, could you tell me if this is true. I paid £375 is this a decent price or have i been taken advantage of. How much could i sell her puppies for. Please help as im new to all of this. ???
Thanks
Heidi                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
registration
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 09:16:53 PM »
Heidi

you have paid a fairly high price for a non KC reg'd bitch. You will not be able to register any puppies you may have from her with the KC. Having the pedigree to be blunt is not worth the paper it is written on as it is not validated in anyway - literally, and I'm not saying they have done, but the breeder could have put any old names down and you wouldn't know if they were right or not. The KC reg'n does not guarantee quality breeding but does at least confirm the details as being consistent with what they have recorded.

The KC do not allow more than one litter in 12 months to be registered in order to try and protect bitches from being over bred.

If you were looking for a brood bitch for the future I'm sorry but you needed to do a bit more homework before you bought your girl. I would just now enjoy her for what she is and if you are thinking of becoming invloved in breeding in the future - get yourself a copy of "The Book of the Bitch" before you buy your puppy - and then speak to several reputable breeders letting them know exactly what your plans are so that they can help share their experience with you .

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
registration
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 11:10:36 PM »
The KC will allow more than one litter per 12 month period from a bitch as long as the breeder is a hobby breeder, having less than 5 litters a year. If the breeder is a licenced breeder (someone who has more than 5 litters a year), then the KC will not allow more than one litter a year to be registered from a bitch under any circumstances. Sounds like your breeder must have quite a few litters if she was unable to register your puppy. I have to say a reputable breeder would have explained the situation to you before you bought your puppy, not afterwards :( I agree with Pam - just enjoy your pup as a lovely companion :)                    
Jane

Offline gracie

• Site Member
registration
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »
Thankyou very much for the replys i obviously love gracie to bits so will just enjoy her companionship, and i was not looking to breed her when i brought her although the breeder did not know this. I was just informed later on that a bitch should have at least one litter of puppys so i wondered if the pedigree could be carried on. I now know otherwise thankyou.                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
registration
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 12:25:28 PM »
Heidi - there is no need to let your  bitch have a litter of puppies. It is an old wives' tale and should be ignored totally. Have a wonderful time with Gracie :)                    
Pam n the boys

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
registration
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 01:04:24 PM »
The KC did extend the one litter per year rule to every bitch (irrespective of ownership) about 4 years ago. But they had to lift it due to complaints from the smaller breeders.

So she may have been caught out if your cocker was born back then.

But otherwise i have to agree with the other Posts.

Enjoy and love!                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
registration
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 05:01:42 PM »
Can I just point out - this thread is over 12 months old!! :?  :shock:                    
Pam n the boys

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
registration
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »
How did that happen then? :o                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
registration
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 11:05:26 PM »
just someone was reading back and replied to it. it then brought it forward and thats how its ended up here :) sometimes happens it always throws me too  :lol: