Author Topic: Jackwood?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
Jackwood?
« on: April 17, 2006, 02:21:39 PM »
Can anyone tell me if Jackwood is a show or working affix, does anyone have Jackwood in their cockers??
Also has anyone heard of Calvdale Miss Noma, I thought Calvdale was a springer affix but this has appeared in a cocker ped??

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Re: Jackwood?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »
Hi

Calvdale are predominately a ESS kennel but she also dabbles in cockers.  I don't know of the bitch you have named sorry :embarassed: but i'm sure some on here will beable to help.  Also is it Jackwood or Jacanwood? Cos i know who that is  :D

Tori x
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »
its Jackwood

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 04:55:19 PM »
Ah well thats me done sorry .....pretty rubbish really  ::)

Good luck finding what you need

Tori x
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »
I've just got the new edition of the KC Directory of Kennel Names and "Jackwood" is not listed as a registered affix. There's a "Jacwoods" owned by a Mrs Eastwood but that's the nearest I could find to Jackwood. Not sure if "Jacwoods" is a Cocker affix - doesn't ring any bells anyway sorry.

Jane
Jane

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »
OK found out a bit more, the dogs are Judena Music Man at Jackwood and Sadie of Bullpark at Jackwood, so Jackwood is the kennel, not the affix??
anyone know anything??
also have a Jackwood Baraque??

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 06:22:16 PM »
The way those names are written, Jackwood is the affix of the person who bought Judena Music Man & Sadie of Bullpark. I wonder whether it's a lapsed affix which is why it no longer appears in the KC directory (Bullpark is an affix from the 80's and the breeder is no longer active in Cockers, Judena is still an active Cocker kennel). I'll see if I can find out anything else ;)

Jane
Jane

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »
Looks like Jackwood was an affix owned by a Mr & Mrs Jaclin sometime in the 80s/early 90's. I've found one litter bred by them & sired by Judena Music Man from 1988 and I expect there are others. Kirsten would probably be able to look up each dog in her database - my records only go back to 1984 and Judena Music Man was registered in I think 1982 or thereabouts.

Jane
Jane