Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Bryning

• Site Member
    • Bryning Border Collies and Working Cockers
Re: Hiya
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 05:08:23 PM »

Hiya...is Jarv a handsome chap, what's his breeding??  You should try some flyball...it's very addictive!!

doubtless that jarv and drake and teal will be related  ;)

LMAO I meant to say ISN'T Jarv a handsome chap!! doh!  :D
They are doubtless related, Drakes mother is a lovely working blue roan bitch and his sire is FTCH Danderw Druid, there were 5 pups in his litter, one gold, 2 liver, 1 black and 1 black/tan...quite a colourful collection!!  There were blacks and lemon/white in Teal's litter but she was certainly the one that seemed to stand out!
Cheers
Nat, Teal and Drake x
www.bryningbordercollies.com

"The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Offline Bryning

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 05:15:47 PM »
As i am completly new to owning a cocker - what is flyball?

Hiya, flyball is a team sport for dogs, kind of like a relay race where they have to run over a series of 4 hurdles and trigger a spring loaded 'flyball box; to release a tennis ball that they bring back over the hurdles.

You can see more information on my team website www.redroseflyball.com

Teal is currently in training and doing very well, Drake is too young to start yet but we are doing the groundwork retrieves and recalls already.  These are the first cockers I have trained as I have border collies (the collies really do dominate the sport) but I trained and raced my brothers english springer spaniel Oskar up until recently, he ran his last tournament at the end of September then got ill and died very unexpectedly about 4 weeks ago which was very very sad  :'( he was one of the best springers in the sport...you can see pics of him here www.redroseflyball.Oskar Hopefully Teal and Drake will continue to fly the spaniel flag for our team in the future.
Cheers
Nat, Teal and Drake x

"The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Offline Bryning

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 05:18:43 PM »
sorry, that link should have been www.redroseflyball.com/Oskar
Cheers
Nat, Teal and Drake x