Author Topic: anyone feed natures menu??  (Read 3609 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
anyone feed natures menu??
« on: May 20, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »
i have started feeding ellie this (mainly because our old cat is now on wet food and ellie refused to eat hers after smelling his) but the pack says between one and two pouches a day. ellie is a little tubby atm so will one pouch be enough?also it says on the website to feed twice a day but ellie only has one meal a day. how do you who use this product, get on with it?do you give one or two meals?
she absolutely loves this food. licks the bowl clean every feed.

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: anyone feed natures menu??
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
I don't know if this is the same food,Lyn but it says 'Nature's Menu' - 'Real nutrition pets love' - on the packet but it's not in pouches; it's frozen in nuggets.

Actually our dogs are not that keen on it & it does look a bit bland; the packet says feed up to 15 nuggets for a small dog; however being very mean I give Domino 3 nuggets & Spike 5-6!! :huh: ( I have been putting a tin of sardines between them on it as well to just make it a bit more appetizing although I'm sure the pureists would be throwing up their hands in horror at that!! ;))
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Krisdt

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »
Loki had the natures menu pouches and one was just not quite enough so I would mix a little dry food into the first half of the pouch in the morning and the rest of the pouch at night. We have run out and noone in our area stocks it so I am desperately hunting for a cheaper supplier as the place we got it is a little too expensive.

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:25:22 PM »
kristd tescos sell it :o ellie has been on it for a few weeks. i was well surprised when i saw it in tesco this week( i am a picker for tesco dot com) it was on my pick list. makes my life easier coz it means i can pick it up after work instead of traipsing to the pet shop :005:
i won't buy natures diet coz wasn't there a problem with the packaging a while back? i am worried ellie may get food poisoning from eating off food.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 06:39:01 PM »
I've used Nature's Menu a few times but I hate the pouches it comes in, I find them really fiddly and messy to get all the food out properly and the food itself is a bit mushy. I prefer Nature Diet, Tilly has this every day and I've never had any problems with it being 'off' although I know others have. I've seen NM in Tesco as well, you can buy it in multipack boxes but I have to go to PAH to get the ND. 

I bought some of the frozen Nature's Menu nuggets for Alfie to try as part of his barf diet, he seemed to like them well enough but at the amount I had to feed him it would be too expensive to use them all the time, the freeflow Prize Choice mince works out much cheaper.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »
I've used Nature's Menu a few times but I hate the pouches it comes in, I find them really fiddly and messy to get all the food out properly and the food itself is a bit mushy.

I thought I was the only one  ph34r I occasionally buy NM if I can't BARF - but agree entirely Nicola; it is fiddly and yucky  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Tommo

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:57:26 PM »
Use it occaisonally too. My too love it but the gases produced by Baggins have to be smelt to be believed.

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »
i do agree it looks sh*te and smell like it too but i'm not bothered about the packaging so long as its fresh ;) i didn't realise you could use it as part of a barf diet coz its cooked.
i also don't use nd because its frozen and i have trouble remembering to get stuff out the freezer.

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
Snoopy used to have this until he decided that he didn't want to eat anymore and I changed him over to barf (persuded by Rachel).  As I recall pouches were fiddly, I remember squeezing the food out and getting covered :005:  The food quality as I recall for this was good and didn't cause any stomach problems for Snops.
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 08:22:18 PM »
i didn't realise you could use it as part of a barf diet coz its cooked.

Sorry, Lyn - I meant when I am unable to raw feed, I tend to use NM, as it is one of the better quality processed foods  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »
I've used Nature's Menu a few times but I hate the pouches it comes in, I find them really fiddly and messy to get all the food out properly and the food itself is a bit mushy.

I thought I was the only one  ph34r

Are they as bad as the nature diet packages? I thought they were bad!  >:D

Used to end up just stabbing it with a knife !

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 08:26:43 PM »

i also don't use nd because its frozen and i have trouble remembering to get stuff out the freezer.

Nature Diet isn't frozen, it comes in tub things and it's on the shelf with the Nature's Menu pouches and tinned foods. It's not a raw food either though and is hard to open as well but not quite as fiddly and messy as the NM as the food is firmer.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »
Kalli has Nature Diet. I don't have any problem with it, in fact Kalli's put on a bit of weight and I find it easy to mark out the amount I want to feed her because of its consistancy. She does prefer the chicken and tripe though. ;)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »
nicola you can get frozen nd in p@h. like i said earlier the other nd i am worried i will get a bad batch so won't use it.
ellie has a lot of raw feeding and loves it but i need something for when i forget to defrost it(quite often) although she isn't fed completely raw yet it is something i am aiming for with her. i just need to get a new brain :lol:
the little horror just dug up all my lovely summer pots of plants i planted on friday. i have to say i was amazed they lasted as long as they did :005: she gave herself away by sauntering into the front room with black feet and nose. she also walked the compost all over my freshly cleaned floor >:D

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 10:52:15 PM »
nicola you can get frozen nd in p@h.

i didn't know they did anything frozen. Mind you I don't tend to look in the freezer section.