Author Topic: Help what feed do you use?  (Read 8476 times)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Re: Help what feed do you use?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 02:24:14 PM »
All 7 of mine are on Fresh food ... cooked meat ... and veggies , fish ect  :D

:D My two are as well   ;)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
I didn't know about JWB either!  I swapped Ben to this a couple of months ago purely as it's easy to get hold of and he likes it!

I think I'll be changing him back to Arden Grange  ;)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 08:58:24 PM »
Oscars
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »
My four are all fed BARF (bones and raw food)

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »
Burns here too  :D

I have to say the staff at Burns are the most helpful I have ever come accross, they can't do enough.

They had a stand at crufts this year and John burns himself was there working & helping buyers by giving advice about nutrition etc, I thought it was really good.

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
Maddy is on Oscars, it is gluten free she loves it, plus it is delivered to my door.

Offline pamela

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 11:26:55 PM »
Hi there, I swapped Iams for Auturky last week and have noticed the small flaky patch on Ben's coat has cleared up already. It is a natural food and cheaper than a lot of them.

Offline goughee

• Site Member
  • Poppy the Puppy
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »
What an amazing response! thank you all for your replies.

We have changed Poppy's feed to JWB it may have been a coincidence but the poor mite developed an allergic reaction over the bank holiday weekend, she was given an anti-histamine injection by the vet and seems to be recovering. Her face was all swollen and she could hardly open her eyes. We were really worried.

The Vet thinks that it was probably not the feed but I am watching closely. Has anyone else's baby had a reaction to JWB

Jean

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »
Both my dogs were on JWB for a few months, and although they didn't have a severe reaction like you've decribed they both had poos a bit too squishy for my liking, and Lucy (my cavalier who has allergies) was very flaky. :-\ As far as i could figure out JWB only has "no added artificial colours/flavours preservatives"

I've now got them both on Autarky (which is a huge amount cheaper!) and they couldn't be better. :D Both really shiny, and Lucy's whole coat texture has changed, she's all soft and lovely now. :D Autarky is also completely free from artificial stuff.
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Both my dogs were on JWB for a few months, and although they didn't have a severe reaction like you've decribed they both had poos a bit too squishy for my liking, and Lucy (my cavalier who has allergies) was very flaky. :-\ As far as i could figure out JWB only has "no added artificial colours/flavours preservatives"

I've now got them both on Autarky (which is a huge amount cheaper!) and they couldn't be better. :D Both really shiny, and Lucy's whole coat texture has changed, she's all soft and lovely now. :D Autarky is also completely free from artificial stuff.

They do add vitamin C tho, i was a bit intrigued and so posted - in the replies Nicola said it's added as a natural preservative  ;)  posted thread below if anyone wants to read the brilliant info that Gill found about vitamin C  ;)

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=29675.0

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »
i thought animal testing was banned in britain. i was very shocked to read the list of very well known pet food manufacturers testing on animals. i will make sure i boycott all products by all these company's.
i am off now to search for alternatives for my washing powder and stuff.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »
We would like a natural food if possible.
Like CraftySam and others I feed BARF. You can't get much more natural that that   ;).
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 06:46:49 PM »
If you want to avoid additives and chemicals, and consider animal welfare issues, then raw feeding is definitely one option - but the source of the meat is an important factor  :-\

Cheap supermarket meat tends to be intensively farmed - with the animals fed a processed, additive enriched diet, which builds up in their tissues and can still be present in the meat  :-\
Until I found a regular supplier of free-range, additive-free raw meat and bones, I opted to feed the Burns Organic variety of feed......as I felt it was more ethical than some of the raw meat I could buy :(
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007, 07:08:26 PM »
i thought animal testing was banned in britain.

oh if only Lyn !!!  :'(