Author Topic: Help what feed do you use?  (Read 8479 times)

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: Help what feed do you use?
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 09:01:27 PM »
The Vet thinks that it was probably not the feed but I am watching closely. Has anyone else's baby had a reaction to JWB
Jean

I have started to feed our dogs raw food & bones but I fed JWB for many years & I have to say that the dogs did well & didn't suffer any allergic reactions to it.  ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline goughee

• Site Member
  • Poppy the Puppy
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2007, 10:52:15 AM »
Poppy has now settled and her allergic reaction was not due to changing her feed to JWB, she loves it!!
But it has given her wiffy wind!! and a loose stool!!
So we will be looking at Burns and see if that helps.Any one else had that problem?

Offline bonio

• Site Member
  • My 1st dog - Lucy
    • Isolated Mind Pain
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2007, 01:23:02 AM »
Poppy has now settled and her allergic reaction was not due to changing her feed to JWB, she loves it!!
But it has given her wiffy wind!! and a loose stool!!
So we will be looking at Burns and see if that helps.Any one else had that problem?

I dont want to say dont go to Burns (coz Im a Burns Fan!) but how long has Poppy been on JWB and how fast did you change her over to it. If Poppy was put onto JWB without it being gradually introduced then that could make her have a runny tummy or she may need more time to adjust her system to it. I think you said she was on two different puppy foods then JWB so may be the changes are causing the problem. She is a beautiful little dog by the way I just looked up the photos you added in another thread.  :luv:

Lucy, Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel
Entered my life on 2 Feb 07 aged 15 months

Offline goughee

• Site Member
  • Poppy the Puppy
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2007, 08:16:18 AM »
I agree tihs could have caused the problem, but we changed her feed gradually adding a bit at a time, and will do the same with Burns, hopefully this will settle her down.

She is a bundle of fun none the less.

Offline Slave of Baxter

• Site Member
  • Baxter A.K.A. 'Bimble-bottom'
    • Dreamweezle Ferret & Small Animal Bedding
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 11:58:40 AM »

I couldn't find a dry food that Baxter got on with, or enjoyed..  so he was on Naturediet for a good while and now he is on bones and raw food.  I have regular deliveries from Anglian Meat products and really recommend them. :D
Jo
Owned by Baxter & Dillon living in Warwickshire

Offline carol b

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:32 PM »
I use Skinners Rough and Ready.  Does anyone know anything about this feed.  Have used for some time and not had any problems but not seen anyone on here mention it.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2007, 08:48:17 PM »
I use Skinners Rough and Ready.  Does anyone know anything about this feed.  Have used for some time and not had any problems but not seen anyone on here mention it.

Skinners do a range of Field and Trial foods for working dogs which as far as I know are pretty good although I don't use them myself, I prefer Autarky as it's holistic and more natural and after that would probably go for Chudley's Working Crunch or Performance. The Ruff and Ready is the Skinners 'pet dog' formula and I would think it's probably ok too.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline goughee

• Site Member
  • Poppy the Puppy
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2007, 11:06:22 AM »
At last Poppy is happy with Burns and so are we!

Thanks for all your comments it has been extremely helpful.

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »

I use skinners and my guys do fine on it ;)
I have the duck and rice

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.