Author Topic: Should I give some mince?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
Should I give some mince?
« on: June 02, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »
Dyllan and Tyke are on Proplan. Tyke had real digestive problem before this food so I would like to continue it.
Dyllan however is not too bothered by proplan and I would like to add some raw to his diet.

I thought about giving them a minced offal meal in the evening. Would this be ok?
Would there be any benefits?

Obviously I'll watch Tyke carefully to make sure his bowels cope.
Sarah
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Cazzie

Re: Should I give some mince?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:55:46 PM »
Hi, I wouldnt feed any raw meat etc to any of my dogs but thats my preference. Im not for raw food diets at all, but lots are. Im sure they will give you lots of advice on this.  :blink:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Should I give some mince?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 08:02:24 PM »
I personally wouldn't feed offal to Alfie every day (he's on a raw diet). He only gets offal once or twice a week. The other thing I would consider if you want to feed him like this is that he may well stop eating his dry food altogether if he thinks there's something else coming his way later on. It's not recommended to mix raw and complete food in the same meal, especially if your dog has a tendency to a dodgy stomach. I do it sometimes with Tilly but she has the constitution of an ox. She is on Autarky dry food with added NatureDiet, tripe, sardines&egg or sometimes mince. It all gets mixed up in the same bowl though so she has to eat the dry food as well.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/