Author Topic: tripe  (Read 3939 times)

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Re: tripe
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 10:58:34 AM »
My Gran used to eat Tripe   She used to send me to the Butchers to get it for her and she used to it it cold with vinegar on it 

Urgh!!!  Being vege the thought is even more revolting! ph34r ph34r ph34r :005:

Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 11:32:49 AM »
My Gran used to eat Tripe  ph34r She used to send me to the Butchers to get it for her and she used to it it cold with vinegar on it  ph34r ph34r

OMG  ph34r That is just vile , uurrgghhh , yuk yuk yuk  :P

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 02:54:05 PM »
Mine get the raw green stuff and they love it, Alfie sits there with the slabbers tripping him as soon as I start to put it in their bowls (fortunately he doesn't have to wait long as I get it chucked in there as quickly as possible!). I wouldn't eat it myself if you paid me to though  ph34r :P
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 08:45:03 PM »
mine get tripe regularly they get a whole one each, trailing bits and all green and raw. they love it. I feed it outside so they dont hoik it all over the house as they often bury a bit for the next day. looks like an old dirty sponge then, but they love it. I dont cut it up or anything.. its good for the teeth!

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »
  :rofl1: I think that graphic description has probably put the more delicate COL members who were thinking of maybe feeding it,  right off Jean  :005: .

Fern loves the Prize Choice freeflow green minced tripe. It smells slightly less when frozen. I whack it into her food bowl, cover it with a plate, leave to defrost and only whip the plate off at the very last minute before it goes on the floor at dinnertime. It's gone within seconds. I can cope with that.

I buy the 2Kg frozen packs and keep the opened pack securely closed with a Klippet (Lakeland). I think I pay about £2.75 which will do Fern for about 10 days as I also feed raw veggies and raw chicken wings
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »
Cosby and Boo are both fed Tripe and biscuits.  It does stink, but we buy the frozen stuff from PAH and just let it defrost overnight.  It doesn't smell that much if it's left to defrost naturally.  If you put it in the microwave or cook it, that's when it stinks.  Which is why both of ours get it raw!!

However, as with Gilly's nan - my nana used to eat raw tripe with vinegar on it.  It's one of my childhood memories - ahhhh!  I did ask her why she ate it and she said that she got used to it during the war when they didn't have much choice.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 09:30:34 PM »
My Gran used to eat Tripe  ph34r She used to send me to the Butchers to get it for her and she used to it it cold with vinegar on it  ph34r ph34r

I used to eat it that way with my nana when I was young  ;) ...and also pigs trotters  ph34r  :005: ..awww that brings back some happy memories  :D

Havent tried it in years ...might just let the girls some though  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 07:58:35 PM »
...and also pigs trotters  ph34r  :005:

Spike loves pig's trotters........I don't think I'd fancy them myself though!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 09:19:09 PM »
it cost me 1.76 yesterday for a pound and that was off the butchers in the market

The bleached tripe sold for human consumption from butchers doesn't contain all the good enzymes that's in the raw unbleached tripe sold for dogs from pet suppliers. The bleached tripe doesn't smell and is a lot more expensive but the raw, green stuff is better for dogs :D

that's my understanding too....and i know that you can get forthglade frozen green tripe  blocks for around 55p (or beef and tripe) which lasts 2 meals for jarv....so it's not hanging around the fridge long ::)
helen & jarvis x

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »
I think that graphic description has probably put the more delicate COL members who were thinking of maybe feeding it,  right off Jean   .

oops! :005:
 they weigh a ton as well,.. I get it in a big plastic bag from the keepers and I just spill it all out on the grass... they look like smaller versions of the alien in independance day i think with the guts still attached. the dogs have a whale of a time playing tug of war!!
now ive probably gone and made someone sick ... sorry again! ;) :shades: :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
I think that graphic description has probably put the more delicate COL members who were thinking of maybe feeding it,  right off Jean   .

oops! :005:
 they weigh a ton as well,.. I get it in a big plastic bag from the keepers and I just spill it all out on the grass... they look like smaller versions of the alien in independance day i think with the guts still attached. the dogs have a whale of a time playing tug of war!!
now ive probably gone and made someone sick ... sorry again! ;) :shades: :005:

Jean!!  :shades:  Stop it, stop it - you must be a masochist, you will scare people away.  :005:  The things we do for our dogs  :o

I find the only way I can deal with Coco's raw tripe is to screw up my face and keep saying yuk, yeeeeuuuurgh, yukky until it is safely in the dish and outside in the garden for her to eat!   :lol:
Julie and Watson

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 09:35:35 PM »

I used to eat it that way with my nana when I was young  ;) ...and also pigs trotters  ph34r  :005: ..awww that brings back some happy memories  :D

Havent tried it in years ...might just let the girls some though  ;)
ewwwwww my mum eats tripe and vinegar and  used to eat pigs trotters and winkles when i was a little girl :embarassed: think i;d probably pass out now if someone dished up a pigs trotter for tea :005: i do buy them for ellie tho, she lurvvvves them.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »
keep saying yuk, yeeeeuuuurgh, yukky
yes thats my incantation also, with a hint of boke at the smell!! :lol:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »
keep saying yuk, yeeeeuuuurgh, yukky