Author Topic: Nature's menu  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
Nature's menu
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »
Dyllan has just had his first bowl of nature's menu. I bought it frozen - twas the working dog stuff-today as he was so off his dry food.
Does anyone use this? Is it suitable to give him one meal of this and one of dry?
Thanks
Sarah
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: Nature's menu
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
I switched to Nature's Menu when my boys wouldn't eat dry food anymore. They loved it and spent 10 minutes licking the bowls clean afterwards. It was the first time they had enjoyed their food for months.  :D
I would imagine feeding a meal of dry and a meal of Nature's Menu would be OK. (But don't mix them in a meal.) However, you may find Dyllan won't want to eat the dry food anymore.  :-\ 

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Lucy is fed natures menu with a bit of JWB kibble mixed in. We buy the sachets of cooked natures menu and she has one sachet a day, she gets the frozen mince version about once a month  and a raw chicken wing once or twice a week as a treat.

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:20:52 PM »
Some dogs - including Molo  ::) - can react badly to being fed processed and raw food together or even without a good few hours in between (think green mucus/slime, not nice ) - but others seem to be able to digest them in the same meal - so it might be case of trial and error  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:36:25 PM »
Should of said, we don't give Lucy raw food with kibble, she only gets kibble with the cooked version of natures menu, when she has the raw version she will have raw for a day, when she has chicken wings then they take the place of a normal meal rather than as a supplement.

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss