Author Topic: Hi everyone! This is Jane with Kaiser  (Read 2947 times)

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
Re: Hi everyone! This is Jane with Kaiser
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »
Yep Melody does that too, although she's not a particularly vocal dog so she gets just as much a fright from the sound of her own bark as the cat  ::) :005:

I have to say the cat soon clips Melody round the ear if he's getting bored of her.  I'm sure you're cats will have the upper hand too, just watch pups eyes don't get scratched  ;)

Looking forward to hearing all about Kaiser and his cocker escapades  :luv:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 10:14:58 PM »
hi ,welcome :D,I'm new too(1 day) and you wont get any jobs done around the house now you've signed up,or I'm i just being lazy ;)
but what you will get is loads of help and tips and a warm welcome
i have an 11 month old choc roan called biba and  a 17 year old cat called cinders,who is still not impressed with the new addition(too old to make a new friend) and biba now just whines at her cause she wont play,she stopped barking at her when she got a cat claw on the nose :005:

Offline mandy1977

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 11:16:48 PM »
Hi, have only joined recently myself, am having the same problem with Tilly, and my elderly cat- who is senile and acting like a kitten the whole house is chaos but very good fun , sorry couldnt be more help, mandy,

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »
Hi and welcome, we have a 2 yr old Orange roan and 1 yr old blue roan and elderley cat.  The cat rules the roost and the 2 yr old is wary of him, the 1 yr old still wants to play and barks at the cat until the cat swipes him, I'd let them get on with it as long as the cats can get away if they want, we have stair gate so the dogs can't go upstairs but the cat can.  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 09:22:07 AM »
Hi Jane I likee the Kieser chiefs too :luv:
could you tell me what it is like to look after a Bengal Ive heard they can be pretty hard work ::)
and not the kind of cats to curl up on your knee :luv:
only bieng curious as I think they are gorgious :luv: saw some in Harrods last week god were they noisy :005:
but all cats are noisy to me as ours cant meow :'(
Ann,Bailey<MInstrel and Merlin
Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline MutleysMum

• Site Member
  • Mutley 15 weeks
    • Mutley's Photo Album
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 11:56:40 AM »
Hiya  :D
I am new too, I have a 12 week old cocker/springer cross, commonly referred to as a 'Sprocker'  :005: He is called Mutley. This site is fab, am really enjoying it and also found
Susie B who is also new, and has Mutley's sister Sally!! We are hoping to get them together soon! Sorry no advice on the cat thing as such but can sympathise; I think my DH is feeling the same thing, I came home from Tesco the other night with treats for Mutley to which DH asked "did I get anything then?"  :o Oops ! :luv:

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
Hiya]

No advice, just wanted to say welcome! I have a working cocker pup called Milo. Enjoy COL.
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline janeg3691

• Site Member
  • Kaiser
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 08:47:16 AM »
Hi Jane I likee the Kieser chiefs too :luv:
could you tell me what it is like to look after a Bengal Ive heard they can be pretty hard work ::)
and not the kind of cats to curl up on your knee :luv:
only bieng curious as I think they are gorgious :luv: saw some in Harrods last week god were they noisy :005:
but all cats are noisy to me as ours cant meow :'(
Ann,Bailey<MInstrel and Merlin

Lilly (my Bengal) is amazing - the nearest thing to a mini leopard.  She is definately not a lap cat but will only sit on you when she wants to.  She is extremely intelligant, she also retreives as well as any dog!  She is only noisy when she can see birds or other cats outside and makes a weird chattering sound.

Offline Susie B

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »
Hello and welcome, from another newbie.  Kaiser looks a sweetie. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have, people are so friendly and helpful and sooo many beautiful spaniels to go soft over  :luv:  We have Sally, our much loved 12wk old springer/cocker mixture, and sister of Mutley (as per posting above).  Can't advise about cats...we have two guinea pigs!!  How did Kaiser enjoy his first adventure outdoors?  :D

Offline janeg3691

• Site Member
  • Kaiser
First outing
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »
We to him to an empty field (that belongs to a farmer we know) and he did not know which way to go first.  So many different smells and tasty cowpats  :huh: .  He was very good though and stayed quite close to us.  Thanks to all the rain part of the field was flooded and he almost swam for the first time as well!  We were only there for 10 mins and when we got back (after a quick wash in the sink) he slept for 2 hours which is unheard of during the day!

Offline Susie B

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 03:39:56 PM »
Sounds a grande day out  :D  Sally has only been paddling so far, and got exceedingly muddy in the process...great fun! Enjoy many more such days to come.

Offline Emily19

• Site Member
  • em
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 07:32:17 PM »
HI

From another black and tan owner!! THis is Emily, she was two last week!!

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa37/crayola1330/?action=view&current=Emundertable-1.jpg

Offline janeg3691

• Site Member
  • Kaiser
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 08:35:18 AM »
Wow, Emily is so much like Kaiser!  Its the first black and tan I have seen since with such similar markings.  She is beautiful. :luv:

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 05:10:49 PM »
Welcome to the board :D

I have two Cockers, both blue roan. The older one doesn't take any notice of the cats and never has.... Although she runs around like a headless chicken if the cat comes in and she has a treat or a chew on the floor! The other Cocker, Abi, keeps wanting to wash our cats faces, so we just call her name and then tell her to leave, which she then does.... For a few minutes at least. But of course the dog has to know the word leave for it to work!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!