Author Topic: why oh why oh why???  (Read 2898 times)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
why oh why oh why???
« on: September 05, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
why oh why do other dog owners always say the same thing to me after there dog has attacked mine >:(

its always" there not normally like that and there only playing" grrrrrrrr

just as we are making a bit of headway with biba another dog comes along and we take 2 steps back again ::)
she had just started to gain abit of confidence back after her last attack ,she even told another dog off last week after it had overstepped the mark ,somethink she had never done before, she normally just runs away,
unfortunately this lady got the full brunt of my tongue this morning :argue:
we are on our normal walk and i can see this dog off lead so presume it is OK but call biba to me as i always do as i don't like her just running up to dogs,we walk past each other when this dog just runs over ,legs all stiff ,hackles up and launches itself at bibas neck pining her to the ground and really going for her,bibas yelping and screaming , i try to make distraction noises to get the dog off but the husband of the woman had to pyhsically get it off her,
i tried to start off being polite and saying perhaps they ought to put there dog on a lead if it doesn't like other dogs and thats when the old saying comes in"its not normally like that and its only playing",
then she trys to put the fault on biba by implying shes a wussy dog,so i let rip  :o and said,tell you what ill run up to you snapping and snarling ,grab you around the neck ,throw you to the floor and start biting your face,see if you start screaming  ph34r ,i know i shouldn't have said it but when people are in denial about there dogs aggression it makes me a little cross as its always some other poor dog on the receiving end of that denial.
sorry about the long thread but i feel better now after having a rant ;)

Offline silke

• Site Member
Re: why oh why oh why???
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »
Oh no, poor you and poor, poor Biba. :'( I know what it's like, having had a few incidence with other dogs roughing Charlie up  >:D! The trouble is, you work so hard to try and help them overcome the problems that can develop after something like that, and it only takes another bad experience to mess it all up again. >:( Hope you and Biba are ok - Charlie and I are looking forward to seeing you at Shipley Park.  :D You are still coming, aren't you? :blink:

Lots of hugs,
Silkex

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 01:38:55 PM »
hi silke :D
yes biba is fine no damage done on the outside ,but the owners of aggresive dogs seem to think if theres no blood then theres no damage done >:(
yes we are still coming to the shipley meet ,need to check what date it is incase it has changed,look forward to seeing everyone :D

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »
That is highly irritating - poor Biba. :(

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »
Oh poor you.. it drives me nuts too. Why are people so stupid with animals??? They're not human, they don't behave like us and ANY dog (however, sweet they are normally) might take a dislike to another dog for a variety of reasons. My last dog had a sore ear which we had trouble fixing for a while and whilst he was usually really sweet to other dogs when his ear was sore they'd always come up and sniff it which, obviously he didn't like... I'd have him on the lead the minute I saw another dog and EVERY time 'oh my dog is fine, they'll be fine don't worry' 2 seconds later fangs and growling and the other owner would be surprised. Surely it's manners to always put your dog on a lead when you see another and ASK if it's ok for them to meet and play.... apparently not!

Poor you, hope Biba's not too upset by it all

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
Poor Biba I hope this doesn't put her back too far  :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline phillyknickers

• Site Member
  • Can we go home yet.....?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 02:01:54 PM »
awwwww, poor Biba - that's just not a nice thing to happen at all  :-\.  I don't know where you walk her, although there's a park near to both of us that I've heard a few bad things happening in at the moment so we've not been there for a long time.  It's a shame when you have to get cross isn't it  ::).

She needs a romp with Harry - he's a gentle boy who likes to run FAST! They'd have fun together I'm sure  :luv:
Harry the Sprocker - crossbreed I know, but still gorgeous !

"Don't walk in front of me - I may not follow.
 Don't walk behind me - I may not lead.
 Just walk beside me & be my friend." (and STOP PULLING!!)

Albert Camus

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 02:07:36 PM »
im sure she will bounce back  :D
just wondering if its a standard phrase :005: cause everytime she been had it gets said to me
also just wondering if biba just has one of those faces that other dogs like to slap  ;)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »
awwwww, poor Biba - that's just not a nice thing to happen at all  :-\.  I don't know where you walk her, although there's a park near to both of us that I've heard a few bad things happening in at the moment so we've not been there for a long time.  It's a shame when you have to get cross isn't it  ::).

She needs a romp with Harry - he's a gentle boy who likes to run FAST! They'd have fun together I'm sure  :luv:
i think i know where you mean  ;)
 thats where she was first attacked by a friendly staffy  ::) that was only playing .....twice
my OH wont take her there anymore

i sure she would love a ROMP  :005: with harry,good job hes been done

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
also just wondering if biba just has one of those faces that other dogs like to slap  ;)

Sorry but that made me  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »

Our previous blue roan had one! He used to get constantly pounced on by other males. :huh:
"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline laz82

• Site Member
  • Badger
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
I have a dog who is very funny with other dogs, some he likes, some he don't, I generally keep him on a lead, but if I take him to the beach or let him over the field by my house, I let him have some time off the lead, but if I see another dog anywhere in sight, I put him on the lead or hold his collar and wait until the dog passes and always say to the other owner, he is funny with dogs, so best not get too close, If I can do it why can't other owners of dogs who can sometimes be aggressive, (whether in play or not). It doesn't take long to put a lead and on and let someone to pass, then he can be let back off the lead again.

Badger gets on with other dogs no problem (we made sure of this, so I don't have to worry so much like I do with Lenny), but we see people over the beach who have dogs off the lead who don't like other dogs and don't do a thing, just attempt to call the dog back, half the time failing to do so.   >:(

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 02:53:01 PM »

if i see another dog on a lead then biba always goes on a lead,its only polite :D
and theres usually a reason why some dogs dont like others and as long as the owners are aware of the problem i havnt a problem with them,its the ones that are in denial that worry me,
i also worry that biba will start to become aggressive if she thinks every dog is out to get her, abit like getting the first punch in :005:

Our previous blue roan had one! He used to get constantly pounced on by other males. :huh:

i really think she has got one of those faces as its not just females ,out of the 3 times shes been got ,2 have been males

Offline mary w

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Jak (blue roan) will mingle to a point but stay very close to ben or should I say behind ben. :-\ But Ben (Red) has no bother what so ever. He runs to play every time although he does come over a bit too pushy.
My OH always says "oh look fresh ass" :luv: :005: ben is so funny and he does get a slap from timt to time from the other dogs.
Love machine

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »
It's strange - when Charlie was little, dogs seemed to have a go at him a lot. :'( It was like they felt they could have a good go at him, without him being able to retaliate.  :huh: It's probably nothing like that, but that's what it seemed like. >:( >:D

Silkex